• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Honda #4 - FN2 GT (Nav/HFT)

Cracking job, it certainly is satisfying after cleaning it isn't it :)

I normally take the seats out as well lol

I think the GP kit at the front suits the silver ;)

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Car is spotless inside now Carl :cool:

GP kit is on the to-do list.
I've spent £700 on it so far and I've only had it two weeks lol

Went out for a Thursday afternoon spin before picking the lad up from school.

Headed out past Newark and towards RAF Waddington along the A17, then out to Bardney, then up to Wragby and Market Rasen before dropping back thro Lincoln and back towards home.
100 mile round trip just for a laugh :lol:

I wanted to get over to Horncastle and up past Cadwell to Louth but I ran out of time because of the wiper painting

Tyres are bedding in nicely though. :)

Love all those roads, especially around Horncastle and Cadwell as you get some nice height changes as well.

Great job with the car, lovely work :)

Tidied the boot up too, it had an original boot liner in and an original additional boot mat, but both were pretty dirty.
Hoovered and scrubbed with an upholstery brush and Megs APC.

Rubber boot liner scrubbed with APC and wiped with a cloth, then protected with 303 aerospace

And with the carpet mat dropped back on top

Do you not have the drop section in the boot instead of a spare wheel?

Car is looking great, very tidy.

I saw the tool you used to remove the bobbles from your seats and I got one off ebay for a couple of quid. Worked like a treat.

Cheers.

Car is looking great, very tidy.

I saw the tool you used to remove the bobbles from your seats and I got one off ebay for a couple of quid. Worked like a treat.

Cheers.

Good stuff Nidge, well worth doing and the difference is instantly noticeable!!

Do you not have the drop section in the boot instead of a spare wheel?

I've got the spare wheel well with the TRK and compressor AND a spare wheel :cool:
And the boot carpet
And the boot liner

Been out to the Peak District today and via the A38 to Oakerthorpe and headed off past Whatstandwell, over to Cromford and then all the way out to a little village called Crowdecote and had lunch at The Pack Horse pub.

Very very friendly, last time we went in the yellow Caterham and got talking to the owner who has a TVR T350c

Brilliant home cooked food, nice atmosphere, nice people, warmly recommended

http://www.thepack-horseinn.co.uk

Amazing roads around there too.
Headed out to Flash and surrounding area and then came back via Monyash, Bakewell and Chesterfield way.

Not bad I bought the Type R as a knocking about car for a bit of enjoyment and I've used £40 of petrol in the last 3 days lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the wheels refurbed yesterday, very happy with the results.
When I get a spare minute I will post up pics of the befores and afters.

In fairness I did an mega job of cleaning them up and de-tarring and iron-x'ing them.
But now they just look like new wheels.
Price was good, and they were done while I was at work.

Pics prob won't be til Thursday when the car gets a rewash and the tyres get some dressing on them.
Money well spent IMO, and if anyone in the Notts/Lincs area would like a great recommendation then the results will speak for themselves.

I'm happy with it Spike, it feels more planted on the road in normal/spirited driving, the EP3 felt lighter and twitchier to me. (possibly more agile)
The balance is more in line with what I want out of a car now.

It does feel a bigger car both inside and out in my opinion.
Difficult to compare and say one better than the other, they are just different cars, even the engine sounds a different animal

I agree with this James as I always felt on normal roads the EP3 was a little twitchy / nervous on the rear end while the FN2 was planted, this may be different on a track but on uneven roads the FN2 handles better for sure.

Looks nice and glad you like your new mid 40s crisis toy ;) and will say we went the other way as from CRZ - FN2 - Civic Tourer and then 18 month later got a CRZ as well for a second car but you enjoy it as I am sure your are. I have to say for me if I could have a brand new EP3 or FN2 the petrol head and wife says EP3 but with no cruise control or climate control I guess it would be a FN2 if the ride was a lot better I probably would have gone FN2 instead of the CRZ GT I am currently own. Either they all have pros and cons and for me the CRZ was a no brainer as using it for work as well and at 45p per mile work allowance and very low running costs I suspect within 3-4 years work have bought the car for me but I have paid for the fuel where as with a R when I factor in my mileage I would be on a break even situation with the running costs and would be buying the car myself with no return except that it is free to run within reason.

My CTR is just a play thing lol :lol:
Not bothered at all about fuel economy on that.

On my Civic Tourer daily I do try and keep the mpg in order. Most I've had is 98.6mpg on a run.

CRZ looked after my car bills big style.
The FN2 has the fun factor for thrashing about on my days off.
Love it

98.6mpg?!?!?!?!

Its diesel...
On a 20 mile trip - just going with the traffic on the A1. Stuck at 60mph.
Remember the Civic diesel holds the Guinness world record for highest fuel economy of a standard fuel production car.
101.3mpg done over 5000miles across Europe. (!)

My mate did Nottingham to Cornwall on his holidays and got 83mpg as an average!

hi, very nice looking car bud, what is the tool called you have used on your seats and do you know where i can buy one?

Kind Regards

Andrew

hi, very nice looking car bud, what is the tool called you have used on your seats and do you know where i can buy one?

Kind Regards

Andrew

I bought one of those after I saw this thread. I searched for lint remover on eBay and got one for a couple of quid. It worked a treat.

Not much to write up.
Blacked up the new tyres with Power Maxed Tyre Dressing. Nice

Will be adding a coating of Gtechniq C5 wheel armour on Sunday.
Only got 15ml (new) so may only get to do the faces with them being 18" wheels.
Will see how it goes.

Other than that Ive got Polish Angel for the inners which will be coated after a quick machine polish and wipe down with Panel Wipe

Got my private number plates done today and transferred the plate on to the car.
happy days.

Back