• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car cranks, has spark and wont run please help. Ep3 type r

Hello all

Short story

My car cranks, has spark and fuel but wont actualy start.

Long story

Drove the car to work ran fine, parked up and turned it off, went to drive it 1 min later after sighning in and it ran on 3 and cut out.

Tried it again that day and the next still the same.

Towed the car to a quit car park on site 2 weeks later and the battery was dead, removed it and it wont hold charge.

Ive been trying to start it using jump leads to a works van all afternoon with a mechanic.

We have reset the fuel cut of switch as aparently it was out,

checked for spark on all 4 leads which it does.

Tried easy start and it just turns it has good compression.

Attatched another jump lead from battery to engine mount to rule out bad earth.

Checked fuses in engine bay and tried locking and unlocking door with key fobb which i only have 1 of.

After trying to start the car and turning key off the imobiliser key flashes.

Loosing the will to live please help.

What made the cut off trip?

Have you checked the timing?

Im not sure what caused the fuel cut off to triggure, the purple sensor at the back of the gear box was loose maybe crank sensor possibly went over a speed bump before i origionly parked up and it came loose?

I have no way of checking the timing, ** ask the mechanic at work he works on diesal army landrovers soley at work thoe so may not have timing gun etc.

I have 2 weeks to fix sell or just weigh it in as im leaving my job and getting very anxciouse lol.

Thanks for the reply loxy

Back