• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Civic Type R #2 Fn2 GT :)

Time to start the suspension refresh :)

new OEM rear sash Shocks ordered
Hardrace front anti roll bar bushes
Hardrace Ream Beam support Bush
Set of Polybush Engine mount inserts.

Should keep me busy for a few hours.

New rear shocks fitted today. Simple Job too less than an hour to do both sides :) Has removed the unwanted bounce on the rear of the car nicely.

Removed

Difference

Re-fitted

Well I have to say I have loved reading through your thread, love what you have done to the car. Hoping mine will turn out as nice once I've finished with it, just wish I had more time to spend doing it. Keep updating us Spike, the car looks great!

Thank you. really enjoy driving the car now. few bushes to replace then it will be mainly keeping it as Tidy as possible.

Pulled my finger out today and got the Lower Engine and Gearbox mount fitted.
Along with the rear axle support bush and the front anti Roll bar bushes both by Hardrace.

Great How-to from Musegroove made it a lot easier to do the engine mounts, only thing I did different is I didnt remove the lower transmission Mount. Just left it in place after removing the Beam and slotted the inserts in and refitted the beam.

Some nice vibrations but not crazy.

Spike85, loved reading this whole post and what you've done with the car it looks awesome. Only downside reading it has made me want to do loads of work on my car now.......im in process of getting a quote for a long life exhust which is why i originally came to this thread....yours sounded awesome on youtube which sound did you choose? And as i dont really use motorways that often the drone shouldn't really bother me.

Thanks again for a great read mate.

What a well documented thread!
Just wanted to introduce myself as the new owner of this car and to say how happy I was to come across this info before committing to buy. Great to see how meticulous someone has been in caring for this car and after 12 years it really shows. I’ve already had a few comments from friends saying they can’t believe how clean it is. I will start up my own thread shortly. Here’s a quick snap I rushed yesterday on my way into the office. Will get some better ones done soon!

Cheers,

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Back