• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Civic Type R #2 Fn2 GT :)

Well its been a day of mixed emotions. Said goodbye to the Stunning Ep3

Been a cracking car and will miss it. But will see it every week and will be the cars detailer and servicer so will get the odd drive :)

Now after visiting a few Fn2s and not being happy with the overall condition i finally found one i was happy with and under my budget.

Fn2 GT in silver

no real extras as far as the sat-nav or Gp Kit but didn't have a need for the it, but if it had it i would have been happy.

everything it has works perfect though which is a bonus. Air-con is freezing, folding Mirrors work perfect, No creaks or knocks. cruise control works.
No rips to the interior.

It has FSH with the first four services being at Honda. Had a new clutch Fitted in 2015 and the Gearbox is Spot on with no crunching or 3rd gear issues. Needs a little bit of work to get it to the state id be really happy with

• Bubble on one wiper arm
  • one arch cover trim thing needs pinning to sit flush ( no damage just a few little gaps )
  • centre section has a small blow ( advisory on MOT )
  • Roof has a very small amount of rust showing along the seal so will pursue this with Honda and if no joy just get it done as i got money knocked off for this to cover the cost.

came with the folders and both keys and all the paper work from the work its had and nearly a full MOT.

Apart from that I'm really happy with it. so here it is as i arrived Home an Hour or so ago.

Will get some detailing done over the weekend and report back. Are the stereos from standard able to play multi track Mp3 Discs and it says Aux is there a jack point anywhere or was that an extra. Just curious thank you

As it Stands Today 18-7-2017

Current MOD List

-CPL Race Header
-Custom 2.5" Twin exit Exhaust
-BMC Panel Filter, Hondata Airbox and a custom Air intake
-Flashpro
-Tuned at EFI Parts Runcorn
-214bhp
-167lb-ft Torque

-Eibach Progressive Springs
-Eibach Camber Bolts
-Eibach 15mm Wheel Spacers
-FRSU

-Refurbished OEM wheels - Powder coated Black
-Brembo Front Discs
-Ferodo DS2500 pads
-Typ 200 brake fluid

-Tinted Windows
-6000k HIDS
-Skunk2 Gearknob

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mate very pleased with it. Drives stunning and can't wait to start tinkering all over again :)

Yes I visited a red black and silver Fn2. Red really stood out but seem more comman around here and haven't seen many silver ones if any.

Got to start the few jobs that need doing and have emailed Honda Already regarding the light rust roof issue so I can catch it early or go else where. Have a few mates in the body work business if needed.

Wiper arm is an easy fix.
Did mine yesterday, check out my thread for more info.

Really liked working with the Hammerite Satin spray can - finish looks proper and OEM

Had a phone call today from my local Honda branch. Happy for me to go down to have some photos taken of the roof issue and put it through a claim and see how they get on. Fingers crossed I can get it done before the winter months or it even gets accepted.

Looks good pal. Love the silver. Not sure about the mp3 thing however I was under the assumption that it was only 09 onwards that had a auxiliary jack. Might be wrong thought. If anywhere I would assume it would be in the centre arm rest where mine is.

Looks good pal. Love the silver. Not sure about the mp3 thing however I was under the assumption that it was only 09 onwards that had a auxiliary jack. Might be wrong thought. If anywhere I would assume it would be in the centre arm rest where mine is.

Yeah it's in the centre arm rest - if it's there.

1a9cd28b190e25102e436f6fee2e2991.jpg

Defiantly don't have one like that so that's that then thank you all.

Started the cleaning process today. Boot carpet has a stain and dosent seem to want to go.
Tried Valet pro citrus cleaner and some Carpet foam cleaner with a stiff brush, made it less visible but certainly hasn't moved it on completely. Will have to try a stronger or neater product.

Also cleaned the mats which are in good condition. Will just be repainting the Red R's on the metal bit as its a little faded and scratched.

Put it her away in her new home for the night.

First wash and the start of detailing tommorow afternoon.

Congratulations on the new car! I've not long had my fn2 also. Your ep3 looked a stunner too and in the best colour!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It was a great car. This car just suits what I'm after at the moment. Abit more comfort, gadgets, slightly more room and just something different.

Ep3 was easily the best car I've owned so far :)

I would say I prefer the fn to my ep for the same reasons it suits you. So much more refined and all the gadgets. Thing I loved about the ep was it was so raw and felt so agile. Had it 4 years and never let me down and managed to put a smile on my face every time I drove it.

forgot to update Honda called me back a few hours after them saying they were booking me in next friday for photos. J T Hughes in telford, They told me it had a 3 year warranty which was extended by 3 years due to the known fault so mine is a few years out of this time frame so nothing can be done.

Do i have a case to push further or should i just get it done. Honestly don't mind as i got this knocked off the cover the cost should it be needed. i read somewhere it was 12 year corrosion cover that they should be warranting. If not what sort of price would it be to get it done else where?

Honda have just done mine 2 weeks ago. Mine is 59 plate and I explained to garage it was covered under 12 year corrosion and had corrosion check done by honda last year by previous owner. Not sure if this has swayed their decision by having this check done by honda but it's worth pushing on with honda. If you can get it done by them great will save you some money. If you get it done else where make sure it's the honda revised seal used along roofline. From my little knowledge I think it's a softer material so doesn't rub away at the paint and cause the problem again

Back