• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Quick FN2 oil question

Picking up some oil for my FN2 that i've recently purchased and just wanted to be sure this was the best/correct oil.

Done some research and seems Honda recommends 0W30 Castrol Edge. But have also seen people saying 5W30 is better?

Is this the right stuff?

Click

cheers

Castrol, Petronas, Shell or Motul 5w40.

Can't move for the amount of OEM manufacturers who use Fuchs or Millers. /sarcasm

Cough* Mercedes-Benz use fuchs as an approved supplier of oil, they even recommend them above some of their own branded oils (which also come from fuchs) I like to pronounce fuchs as ****s oils, makes the day go that little bit quicker!

Oh and I'm currently using shell helix purely because it's cheap!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Cough* Mercedes-Benz use fuchs as an approved supplier of oil, they even recommend them above some of their own branded oils (which also come from fuchs) I like to pronounce fuchs as ****s oils, makes the day go that little bit quicker!

Oh and I'm currently using shell helix purely because it's cheap!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Can you show me where this information is? Happy to be proved wrong.

If you have a look at the MB Bevo website, you will see that Fuchs are an approved oil for many of their specifications and in some cases they are the only non-oem approved oil.

http://bevo.mercedes-benz.com/bevolisten/229.51_en.html

There are two types of oil deals between the oil companies and the car manufacturers. There are the public ones where the link is advertised (Castrol/Ford, Mobil/Porsche, Shell/Ferrari, Renault/Elf etc), where the oil companies oils are promoted as the best suitable option for the car. Then there are the ones that are not public knowledge where the oil companies supply the car factories or produce the oils sold as oem. The car companies are likely to have 2 or 3 oil companies supplying their factories as they need to have the oil even if there is an interruption in the oil supply. I know Fuchs provide factory fill oils for certain German car companies, but the details have to be kept quiet as the oil companies that have the public deals have paid a fair bit of money for the deal.

Cheers

Tim

Picking up some oil for my FN2 that i've recently purchased and just wanted to be sure this was the best/correct oil.

Done some research and seems Honda recommends 0W30 Castrol Edge. But have also seen people saying 5W30 is better?

Is this the right stuff?

Click

cheers

5w30 straight from the Honda dealer parts/service department.
Though as said 5w40 is just the ticket too

Is Shell Helix 5w 40 still acceptable in the Fn2. Bargain at under £20 for 5 litres

may venture to Fuchs Titan race S though as only ever tried Fuchs Super Synthetic and it was spot on.

Is Shell Helix 5w 40 still acceptable in the Fn2. Bargain at under £20 for 5 litres

may venture to Fuchs Titan race S though as only ever tried Fuchs Super Synthetic and it was spot on.
Spot on - I presume you took oil samples and had them analysed? Or you're saying that because your engine didn't blow up when you used it?

Shell is perfectly fine.

The Shell is good stuff for the money, but the Pro S is one of the very best oils on the market.

Cheers

Tim

Spot on - I presume you took oil samples and had them analysed? Or you're saying that because your engine didn't blow up when you used it?

Shell is perfectly fine.

The Cam chain on the z22se engine was prone to being noisy. Fuchs oil made it run quieter and certainly used less over a 6 month period. so in my opinion was spot on. from my little experience using the product i would use it again.

I Used Shell Helix over the 2 years of owning my ep3 and it never used a drop. Never tried other oils as there was no need.

Back