• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Removing scratches From Fn2 Speedometer Screen

After mine had a few scratches and I tried to clean them out and made it 10x worse I decided to do it properly.

Doing this will remove the Anti- Glare ( Purple tint ) if you don't want to then don't follow this method.

Due to the cost to replace the screen and looking Awful I went ahead and removed the Anti-Glare.

First I made sure the Steerimg wheel was as far out as possible and as low Down as possible.

Unclip this lower dash section just above the Steering wheel. There is a cable and pipe on the right hand side to fully remove. But there was no need for this method.

There are two silver screws behind this trim so undo them and remove them for safe keeping.
Now gently work your fingers behind the dash surround, Gently pop the clips out around an inch clear from the screen.

This was enough space for me to work without removing it fully. It can be unplugged completely to get complete access
Now I proceeded to use meguiars 205 and a sponge applicator and worked it in. I used a soft microfibre between coats to see how much had been removed before applying more.

As you can see there's enough room to get right to the edges. It took around 15-20 minutes to get spotless.

Once happy gently clip the Dashboard back in making sure all the clips line up before applying pressure.
Replace the two screws and clip the lower trim back in and buff the screen with a soft microfibre and admire your work :)

This is a picture after i tried the first time without removing the trim and thought I'd made a right mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
from what I've read it was between £200-£300 as its the full unit not just a screen. Looks so much clearer now and been out while the suns setting and no glare issues :)

One thing to watch is that the aircon temp pipe is still firmly attached behind the cutouts in the lower section or your aircon temp will go haywire.

From what I've seen posted it's not a secure fit and can easily become dislodged.

So glad I came across this post. My screen has a lot of scratches on it and I was thinking about buying a replacement before reading this.

Bought the meguiars mirror glaze that you used, hoping to get the same results when I attempt it next weekend.

Back