• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Integra dc2 vs civic ep3

Right, so I've seem this post before but wanted to give my opinion on it, what is faster the civic ep3 or the integra DC2?

I have owned both now, I've only owned my integra for a week and a half now, but I can already share my opinion so far, I think the civic was faster, but the integra was quicker.
If that makes any sense. Due to the civics higher torque, I felt it pulled all the way through the rev Range all the way up to the higher speeds (IE it's top speed) it felt like it didn't drop off in power, and just kept going, that's why I think it was faster, but I think the integra is a quicker car in the sense that it holds that speed through corners, so although it's all good saying the civic can do 0-200kph in 29 seconds,it couldn't keep any speed when it comes to a bend, or on a b-road, it just felt, like it wasn't planted onto the road, it did handle bends fast, but it was quite prone to understeer. The civic felt quite heavy and big at times aswell.
Acceleration from stand still is hard to say, because the civic doesn't really make a fuss, other than its one wheel peel, by that I mean the whole time I owned it, I was constantly reminded it needed an LSD. Which is where the integra comes in, with its LSD I feel it handles so much better, it doesn't seem to light up one wheel all the time, just both... which leads me to the engine. The b18 is a much more vocal engine, it sounds so much better (in my opinion) when vtec comes in at 6000rpm it really does pull harder, and sounds amazing, in the civic I felt I had to point out when vtec came in, and it just didn't give you that foot up the arse that the integra engine does.
Driving down b-roads, it feels faster in the civic, but I can't quit honestly say it doesn't even compare, the civic felt heavy, and very disconnected from the road compared to the integra. I think the civic felt like it pulled harder, and even if you were in too high a gear, because of that extra torque it pulled like a train, but it's not exactly a sacrifice in the integra, that's throttle response feels more precise, and urgent, probably due to its lower weight and cable throttle. The gearbox, I really liked the civic for its 6 speed, beautiful gearbox that just sliced through the gears, but the integra has more of a feel to it, the integra's doesn't feel as fragile, and it feels more like its supposed to be thrashed. For comfort, I actually prefer the integra, and the suspension set up, I think the civics was soft, and like a sponge at times, with noticeable body role in the corners.
Fuel consumption, I'm yet to find out, it is very very difficult to drive an integra without having fun, as vtec isn't as addictive in the civic, I just saw it as fuel consumption, in the integra it's amazing fun. But the civic did 350miles on one £50 tank of premium, I felt I could have got 400miles perhaps with no vtec, the integra has given me 115 on a generous third of a tank so far.
Overall I loved the civic, and wish I could have kept it for longer, lovely car to drive, beautiful to drive intact, and I would certainly buy another.
The integra, is more raw, and is one of the best front wheel drive cars out there due to how well put together it is, and how much testing and thought went into it.
Please don't think I don't like the civic, because I loved it. It's a shame it has a bad name to it.

Let me know what you think...

I had an EP3 for 6 years and loved every second. I was always under the impression that the DC2 was the slightly better car however. I often thought about changing. I am informed that the DC2 was the fastest FF car round the ring for 10 years. (only to be beaten by the RS Megane which had perspex windows and a turbo. That in itself says enough to me) With an 8st driver in the front seat the DC2 has perfect weight distribution at all 4 corners of the car, so I am told. If you look on fastestlaps.com the DC2 is 4 seconds quicker around the ring, which to be honest, isn't much after 147 corners or however many there are. This obviously does not account for tyre properties, track conditions, driver differences etc. The DC2 is less refined however and that is something that always attracted me to it. Both amazing machines with the right person behind the wheel.

The DC2 is mega to drive, however it is very raw and it does wear thin at times. I'd love a K swapped DC2!

Back