• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust problems

Hi
I have recently discovered that the bolts that held my cat to the exhaust were corroded. When I got these bolts out the holes they went through on the cat are knackered. I have a 3" pipe from cat back. I don't want to have to buy a new cat for the sake of missing the holes. I have seen the split flanges you can get to clamp around the cat with the 3 holes to match my pipe but only seem to get from the US. Does anybody know anyone in the UK that could supply one of these?? Have tried local parts suppliers but no joy.
I think I could get a solid flange to be welded onto the cat to give me the holes for fresh bolts to connect but would rather not go down that route.
Any help appreciated
New to the forum. Had my Type R ep3 for about 6 months now. Love it!

Assuming the rot is severe and you've got virtually no metal left so you can't drill out and/or re-tap you may find a bit of welding is the quickest (and maybe even cheapest) solution.

I can't find anyone in the UK on google selling the flanges split with the clamping mechanism I think you're after. :(

Cat's usually come up for sale quite often for not much money, probably the best option. Or shell out on a sports cat.

Back