• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car cleaning

Agreed. So happy with the finish after machining my car a couple of months back. Just got to try and keep my wash method safe. Bloody car gets swirls just looking at it!

Out of interest what LSP are people using over the winter to protect their cars?

I'm thinking of using Fusso Dark and topping up with BSD. Not used either before.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Sure I've got a sample of Fusso Dark if you want it? BSD is epic in my opinion, I wouldn't say it's the best in terms of gloss enhancing but it's protection is excellent. Plus, the smell of Coconut is loooovveeelllyyt!!!

Sure I've got a sample of Fusso Dark if you want it? BSD is epic in my opinion, I wouldn't say it's the best in terms of gloss enhancing but it's protection is excellent. Plus, the smell of Coconut is loooovveeelllyyt!!!

Got a pot of Autofinesse Essence for sale elsewhere if interest to anyone? Literally used once

Thanks for the offer, appreciated but I'm going to buy myself a full size pot of fusso.

Yeah wanted the BSD for protection and beading not worried about looks too much over winter. Liking the sound of the coconut smell though.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

If I were to pick an item I'd miss out of the car washing process it would be a clay bar. Such a good step to include in your car washing. Clay bars pick up a lot of grit and tar left on the car after washing. You'll be suprised at how much is still on there. Great step to get the paint bare before polishing and waxing. Poor boys black hole I would give a shout out for anyone else with black cars!

If I were to pick an item I'd miss out of the car washing process it would be a clay bar. Such a good step to include in your car washing. Clay bars pick up a lot of grit and tar left on the car after washing. You'll be suprised at how much is still on there. Great step to get the paint bare before polishing and waxing. Poor boys black hole I would give a shout out for anyone else with black cars!

Hang on, you said you'd leave that process out?

Don't mention Glaze, Benito will get emotional

Hang on, you said you'd leave that process out?

Don't mention Glaze, Benito will get emotional

Is this the forum equivalent of a pikey call out video on YouTube and faceache?

It's fairly easy to see they've made a typo and meant that claying is a step they wouldn't leave out and highly recommend it.

I've left this thread alone because it's evident you haven't a clue what you're talking about and do nothing more than scaremongering and/or misinform forum members.

By all means, continue. It's very entertaining.

A glaze can be used in the following scenarios.

1. You're too lazy to correct paintwork.
2. You don't have the budget for paint correction.
3. Your car has a long list of owners and you're unsure of its history with regard crash damage repair/replacement panels/previous polishing.
4. If you don't have time to fix a blemish.
5. If someone has scared you into thinking compounding, and polish to a lesser degree, is like taking a hot knife to butter so you want to play it safe.
6. If you're happy enough with satisfying the "it looks good from 6 feet away" rule and overall have a safe wash technique and maintaining it will still have your car looking better than 90% of vehicles that go through a brush wash or the local scratch & wash once a week.
7. You're a wannabee detailer looking for Facebook likes/retweets/snapchat followers/becoming insta-famous when in reality you don't know how to use a polisher any better than your dick.

I don't like glazes as is, so to say they form a great base for a wax is madness. Especially if it's an expensive wax. You're ****ing money to the wind then as you're ruining the longevity.

Have you ever tested longevity and refraction side by side of panel areas just glazed, glazed and waxed, wax and a corrected panel with wax?

No need to answer, I won't reply.

If anyone would like decent car care tips, throw me a PM.

Is this the forum equivalent of a pikey call out video on YouTube and faceache?

It's fairly easy to see they've made a typo and ment that claying is a step they wouldn't leave out and highly recommend it.

I've left this thread alone because it's evident you haven't a clue what you're talking about and do nothing more than scaremongering and/or misinform forum members.

By all means, continue. It's very entertaining.

A glaze can be used in the following scenarios.

1. You're too lazy to correct paintwork.
2. You don't have the budget for paint correction.
3. Your car has a long list of owners and you're unsure of it's history with regard crash damage repair/replacement panels/previous polishing.
4. If you don't have time to fix a blemish.
5. If someone has scared you in to thinking compounding, and polish to a lesser degree, is like taking a hot knife to butter so you want to play it safe.
6. If you're happy enough with satisfying the "it looks good from 6 feet away" rule and overall have a safe wash technique and maintaining it will still have your car looking better than 90% of vehicles that go through a brush wash or the local scratch & wash once a week.
7. You're a wannabee detailer looking for Facebook likes/retweets/snapchat followers/becoming insta-famous when in reality you don't know how to use a polisher any better than your dick.

I don't like glazes as is, so to say they form a great base for a wax is madness. Especially if it's an expensive wax. You're ****ing money to the wind then as you're ruining the longevity.

Have you ever tested longevity and refraction side by side of panel areas just glazed, glazed and waxed, wax and a corrected panel with wax?

No need to answer, I won't reply.

If anyone would like decent car care tips, throw me a PM.

I always feel sorry for people who attempt to get personal in some sort of retaliation, often shows a lack of intellect.

However, I'll have to PM you to take full advantage of your vast detailing knowledge.

Such a shame you won't be replying, your input will be sorely missed I assure you.

scaremongering and/or misinform forum members. this bit did make me lol

Bump.

My FD2 headlights have the usual cloudy look so I'm going to have a go at sorting them out using the 3M Headlight Lens Restoration Kit from Amazon. I may be able to do it today, but if not, later on this week. I can't make them any worse...

It’s dead easy mate, even a ham fisted simpleton like me got the lights on my old car looking like new. Just be prepared for a mess.

I used the Meguiars kit on mine. It made quite a bit of difference and certainly freshened up the front end.

Just remember to seal them afterwards or they will go cloudy again over time due to UV.

Back