• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Car cleaning

A nice quality detail spray to top up the finish and protection after each wash.

PolishAngel Rapidwaxx for all colours.
PolishAngel Carnauba Arts range for colour pigmented spray wax. (I use Black Wulfenite on the MINI and its brilliant)

Both amazing finish, easy to apply, reasonably priced.

Meguiars lambs wool wash mitt and use the 2 bucket method head over to detailing world for best car cleaning advice as that's where I go on to get cleaning tips.

I bought some Poor Boys 'Black Hole Glaze' for my NHB FN2. Thing is, when do I use it? Straight after washing, or after I've polished the car before high definition waxing?

It goes on after polish and before wax.

Of course a glaze will slightly reduce the longevity of the wax as in an ideal world wax take better on perfectly clean paint.

However if you enjoy waxing your car fairly regularly like I do it really makes little difference waxing on top of glaze.

Also depending on the condition of the paint after a wash you might want to consider a full decontamination and clay as well.

It goes on after polish and before wax.

Of course a glaze will slightly reduce the longevity of the wax as in an ideal world wax take better on perfectly clean paint.

However if you enjoy waxing your car fairly regularly like I do it really makes little difference waxing on top of glaze.

Also depending on the condition of the paint after a wash you might want to consider a full decontamination and clay as well.

This is not true! Most glazes are the perfect base to apply a wax or sealant. They usually have cleansing properties in them meaning the paint is not only reduced in defects, but also "cleaner".

I'm a big fan and promoter of Glazes in general. People all to often feel they have to keep polishing their cars to keep them looking their best. When in reality your paint/clear coat can only really take so much polishing. Glazing is far safer, albeit less aggressive than a polish, so tends to mask swirls aposed to removing them.

As long as the paintwork is protected following a glaze, using a decent wax or sealant, the paintwork should remain as you've just left it for many months

Don't get me wrong I use glazes and rate them highly.

I certainly wouldn't endorse polishing a car endlessly so as to remove too much clear coat.

I'm probably totally wrong then but I would have thought a dedicated paint cleanser would take a wax slightly better than a glaze.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong I use glazes and rate them highly.

I certainly wouldn't endorse polishing a car endlessly so as to remove too much clear coat.

I'm probably totally wrong then but I would have thought a dedicated paint cleanser would take a wax slightly better than a glaze.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Cleansers are predominantly for ensuring a fine base for protection. However, it's a process in itself so something like a glaze or an AIO tend to be the more "go to" product for most. In my opinion you can't go wrong with AM Details Glaze followed up with their Seal - one hell of a combo. The added benefit of their particular Glaze is that it doesn't leave white marks on your plastics. In fact, it can be used to rejuvenate your faded black plastic
s

I agree using a dedicated cleanser is an extra stage and most people will prefer to use an AIO or glaze.

Had a quick look at the Am Details website. Certainly some good reviews. I'm currently using Auto Finesse Ultra Glaze although currently in the process of machine polishing my car for the first time.

A decent brush for alloys, getting between the split spokes on the EP3's wheels otherwise is an exercise in frustration.

Back