• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

H's Cosmic Grey EP3 Type R-Premier Edition

After selling my FN2 CTR GT a few weeks ago, I thought i'd go back to an EP3. Till this date I can say I DO miss the interior of the FN2 and by far the best I have been in and the way it looked only on certain angles, unfortunately that's its. Car wasn't really for me as I didn't like the car neither did I hate it.

Picked this up last week. First grey premier edition EP3 i've owned, so hoping to keep this one for some time. Car is mint with very few age related marks but nothing serious. Interior doesn't even look like its been used.

- 2005 EP3 Type R Premier Edition

- 88k on the clock

- Full service history

- All genuine bits, with no mods apart from the alloys being sprayed in a dark gold colour

Looking to do some subtle changes to the car but nothing extravagant.

View attachment 17602

View attachment 17603

Headlights look tired so will restore these soon with a restoration kit or some good old polish.

View attachment 17604

View attachment 17605

View attachment 17606

View attachment 17607

Things to do over the coming months, so will take my time on this one.

- Upgrade sidelights to LED's
- Upgrade headlights to HID
- Upgrade stereo
- Lowering springs (Eibachs Pro Kit 15mm)
- Mugen Spoiler
- Front bumper lip
- Paint calipers in red
- Air filter
- Cat back

Will leave the engine stock in the meantime.

After selling my FN2 CTR GT a few weeks ago, I thought i'd go back to an EP3. Till this date I can say I DO miss the interior of the FN2 and by far the best I have been in and the way it looked only on certain angles, unfortunately that's its. Car wasn't really for me as I didn't like the car neither did I hate it.

Picked this up last week. First grey premier edition EP3 i've owned, so hoping to keep this one for some time. Car is mint with very few age related marks but nothing serious. Interior doesn't even look like its been used.

- 2005 EP3 Type R Premier Edition

- 88k on the clock

- Full service history

- All genuine bits, with no mods apart from the alloys being sprayed in a dark gold colour

Looking to do some subtle changes to the car but nothing extravagant.

View attachment 17602

View attachment 17603

Headlights look tired so will restore these soon with a restoration kit or some good old polish.

View attachment 17604

View attachment 17605

View attachment 17606

View attachment 17607

Things to do over the coming months, so will take my time on this one.

- Upgrade sidelights to LED's
- Upgrade headlights to HID
- Upgrade stereo
- Lowering springs (Eibachs Pro Kit 15mm)
- Mugen Spoiler
- Front bumper lip
- Paint calipers in red
- Air filter
- Cat back

Will leave the engine stock in the meantime.

Nice choice there mate
I have these side lights and they are brilliant

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/w5w-led-driving-4000k-warm-white-twin

Stunning, Best colour by far, Looks a great example

Rear lights to pre-facelift makes them look even better in my opinion

Thanks for the complements people.

Another quick update. Cleaned the headlights, took about 15-20mins per headlight. Found a bottle of T-Cut which I thought i'd use on the lights. As you can see they turned out crisp. All I did was get a damp cloth, apply a dab of T-Cut and rub down the plastic in circular motions. Every 5 minutes i'd put some more T-Cut on the cloth. Finished it off with giving it a polish with some 'Mer Ultimate Polish' (also found in my cupboard of goodies). Cant complain with the result with only an hours worth of work and for FREE!

Also just had my Eibach springs delivered yesterday. Hopefully will upload photos once I've put these on this weekend. Would I be needing camber bolts after putting on the Eibach pro springs (they're 15mm)?

Before:
View attachment 17640

After
View attachment 17641

Nice car mate! I recently bought a pre-facelift EP3 and absolutely love it!!

I need some advise regarding lowering springs - my car is completely stock, has done 100k miles and looking through the history I cannot see any receipts for new shocks. Everything seems fine when driving normally, so would it be OK to put lowering springs on without replacing the shocks? I'm only looking for a subtle drop (maybe the Eibachs you mention) or Tein S Techs and cost has to be considered as well - a garage put me off this morning saying it would be stupid to put lowering springs on??

If I was to leave the ride height (in fear of something going kaput), would I benefit from getting FRSU done and maybe the JDM rear ARB as well as front strut brace?

I really like the current firm ride, but am looking to enhance and make better!

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Nick

Mines approaching 100k and was looking to get some lowering springs on the standard shocks too. Was thinking that I will just replace the shocks later down the kin if they are knackered and need it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after a few weeks it was time to lower the car. At the end I went for the Eibach Progressive Springs with a 15mm drop on the front and 20mm at the back after reading the reviews, so just changed the springs only. Have to say, these springs are absolutely amazing. Changes the handling on the car alot and the ride is noticeably much softer than OEM when driving over bumps. Fitted the front camber bolts from Tegiwa and a 4 wheel alignment done to the car. No FRSU for at the moment, but may do in the near future.Photos below of before and after.

Before:
View attachment 17713

After (Photos do no justice but its sitting alot better, not too low or too high for me):
View attachment 17714

Photo below is mine next to a mate on standard springs.

View attachment 17712

Will upload clearer photos soon. One of the headlight bulbs burnt out so fitted the car with a 5000K HID Kit. The bulbs are H1 for those who don't know. Along with the H1 adaptors. Will get some side lights soon.

View attachment 17718

Finally fitted the car with a AEM V2 kit. Bought for £100, cleaned it and only took a few minutes to fit. VTEC is MUCH more noticeable with this. The best mod so far.

View attachment 17717

Nice mods Mr.H!

I too have a cosmic prem (Great choice ;) ), I've just had the eibach pro-kit fitted too and I'm impressed with them as you are. I had the camber kits fitted too and have a FRSU, i can recommend getting it done, car understeer's less and turns in a bit sharper!

I've also got the AEM V2, a tip for you that I didn't know until two weeks ago, the filter sits against the stanchion from the gearbox right? Where the original airbox was bolted down to. This can simply be removed via the three bolts on the back at the bottom! I was having to bodge the AEM fixing so it wasn't pushing through the filter, so much hassle! All good now :)

Keep the updates coming

Nice mods Mr.H!

I too have a cosmic prem (Great choice ;) ), I've just had the eibach pro-kit fitted too and I'm impressed with them as you are. I had the camber kits fitted too and have a FRSU, i can recommend getting it done, car understeer's less and turns in a bit sharper!

I've also got the AEM V2, a tip for you that I didn't know until two weeks ago, the filter sits against the stanchion from the gearbox right? Where the original airbox was bolted down to. This can simply be removed via the three bolts on the back at the bottom! I was having to bodge the AEM fixing so it wasn't pushing through the filter, so much hassle! All good now :)

Keep the updates coming

Thanks Nightrunner. It is indeed, especially the colour. I can see from your one, you have the lip on the front bumper which I will be getting on the car soon. It’s either a Rhino Lip or EZ lip. It’s a universal lip, but really sets off the car nicely.

I see, I will definitely get this done down the line, just trying the get the major bits out the way. Thank you for the advice.

It is a great piece the kit the AEM V2. I’ve not really noticed that, I had no issues putting it on and it seems to be sitting right. Along with the rubber mount sitting on the left side, unless I’m mistaken. PM me with photos of what you mean, if that’s ok.

Looking sweet H! Your pictures have helped me make my mind up and I will definitely be investing in the Eibach Pro springs 15/20mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All,

As I've been hibernating in the winter and busy with a purchase of a new house haven't really had much time on the forum.

So first update, the drivers side floor mat was annoying me as it kept on moving around as there was no metal carpet fixture/bracket when I brought the car. So picked up a second hand fixture bracket as i couldn't find anyone selling a brand new one. Cleaned off all the existing rust, sprayed it with a primer and finished it off with a black. The blue plastic fastening didn't come with the bracket which helps you to screw the bracket, but luckily I found a spare in my garage which made things easier.

(Before)
View attachment 18217
(Mid)
View attachment 18216
(After)
View attachment 18215

The thigh supports on the seats seamed to look scruffy from the suede bits bobbling. Using the good old method of the Bobble-Off they come out nice and clean (its all in the details).

(Before)
View attachment 18220

View attachment 18218
(After)
View attachment 18219

In the meantime I was looking for an exhaust. I found myself a HKS HI-Power 409 Exhaust. I've always been a fan of the angled exhausts on all jap cars, eg, Skylines, Supras, 200sx's, S15 Silvias etc. Saying that, the exhaust is just way too big for the car and just doesn't suit it. I've had mixed opinions from people about the way it looks. But anyhow, that leads me to replacing it with a different aftermarket exhaust, if the right one comes up.

The exhaust is not bad, makes a bit of a drown below 3000RPM and more after 4500RPM, once it hits VTEC (Yo) it sounds loud, but not raspy like the Spoon N1 or others alike. On the motorway around 60-70MPH you cant even notice if its there. Before fitting it on I found one of the bolts to the cat had fully seized. So it was time to use the angle grinder and replace with new bolts. Thats the issue with Hondas, bolts and other fittings tend to rust easily causing a 30 minute job turn out to be 2 hours worth of work. While I had some LED bulbs spare, I also changed the number plate lights, cant see them well as it was still daylight, but they're not too bright nor too dull.

Below are some photos of the car after i gave it a good wash.

LED plate lights can be seen barely. (That angled exhaust though).

View attachment 18221

View attachment 18222

View attachment 18223

View attachment 18224

View attachment 18225

View attachment 18226

View attachment 18227

View attachment 18228

Hopefully, more updates to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had problems with the CAT bolts when fitting the Mugen Twinloop, love that exhaust!

People also say the Fujitsubo is a good quiet one to go for, the Stagea came with that fitted and it's really nice on there but can't speak for the EP3.

I had problems with the CAT bolts when fitting the Mugen Twinloop, love that exhaust!

People also say the Fujitsubo is a good quiet one to go for, the Stagea came with that fitted and it's really nice on there but can't speak for the EP3.

Thats right. I'm looking for something fairly quite low down and loud on vtec. Of course, looks also come into play.

It's a shame too, I was trying to drum up bit of interest since I'd found Torque GT were able to arrange an import of the Legalis R for £730/ea a few weeks back, but that ship has now literally sailed, from Japan, with my order.

It's a shame too, I was trying to drum up bit of interest since I'd found Torque GT were able to arrange an import of the Legalis R for £730/ea a few weeks back, but that ship has now literally sailed, from Japan, with my order.

You finally brought one then :D

Back