• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Any info much appreciated

Hi every body newbie here,
been thinking of changing my car for a while now it's a Evo X FQ 360 gsr model mapped to 400BHP
pops and bangs flames also.Looking at the type R on a 2015 plate love the look of them never drove one yet
but plane to take one out for a test drive, I've been doing research on them and most of the clips I've seen
rate them know end.. I would get it mapped straight away I think it would be about the same power as my X as the R is a lot lighter, How are they in the wet being front wheel drive etc I suppose if you drive sensible
they are fine. I have a freelander to run about in the bad weather so most of the time in the snow etc be in the garage. Is there any thing to look out for as far as problems with them??
I love the blue and the gun meatal grey I think you call it not seen any in the flesh yet though..
what guys do you use for mapping them etc??

thanks for your help.
Si..

There are no means of remapping them at the minute without cracking open the ECU. Nothing like Hondata as we've been used to on Honda's in the past.

Speak to Dream Automotive or Eurospec, they've done remapping on their cars.

Brilliant Sporty Blue and Polished Metal Metallic are the names of the colours. Both nice! You'll notice the fuel bill drop from the Evo, both good cars TBH.

Hi Loxy
thanks for the reply, I saw a company called BR performance over in Belgium they look like they have a good set up there
and do a stage 1 and I think stage two do you know much about them. Seem to know the type R well.
Not worried about fuel as I only get 21 or less from my evo lol..

Ah, I didn't realise you are on the continent, there seem to be more options in the rest of Europe than in the UK!

That's what I mean, you'll get much better economy in the Civic. It's like voodoo!

Ah, I didn't realise you are on the continent, there seem to be more options in the rest of Europe than in the UK!

That's what I mean, you'll get much better economy in the Civic. It's like voodoo!
Not on the continent mate I live in Norwich
but don't mind traveling only ferry trip ..

The thing with these maps it requires messing with the ECU which will void warranty, Honda are being so anal with anything warrantied on these cars.
There's chip boxes available, which gives you 354bhp, 460NM, plug n play so can't be detected by the dealer, you can run that alongside the Remus pedal box & from what I've read is an excellent combo, the pedal box gives you +R throttle response but you keep the standard suspension setting

The thing with these maps it requires messing with the ECU which will void warranty, Honda are being so anal with anything warrantied on these cars.
There's chip boxes available, which gives you 354bhp, 460NM, plug n play so can't be detected by the dealer, you can run that alongside the Remus pedal box & from what I've read is an excellent combo, the pedal box gives you +R throttle response but you keep the standard suspension setting

Hi Dweezle
I will check the chip boxes out Remus peddle box, Are there any problems to look out for on the new R 2015 plate
cant seem to find nothing on the forum or net. If I am honest not to fussed about warranty from dealer took out separate
one on my evo they don't want to pay out any way.
thanks for your help ..

I'm in a 1st batch 15 plate & I've not had any issues, the conti 6 tyres don't last long 3-5000 miles is about average, engine bay gets hot (its so tight in there) Oil consumption is near 0 in 12mths (I have read of later batches consuming oil)

The Honda service reminder system can be very confusing, I've known owners having 3-4 oil & filter changes well within 12mths, myself & others have gone full 12mths or could of gone even longer (oil & filter is when needed, 12mth service is basically the health check) Some dealers have switched the reminder system off, if they have then make sure they have pre signed the correct section in the service book saying that the car is on a 12 mth full service.

Exhausts I don't know your preference but I guess it will be loud, I've ordered the Martelius system it's the loudest so far with bangs & crackles, it's a new release & is still on their 1st batch offer price of around £748 delivered which is a very good deal.

If I was buying a 2nd hand FK2 I would go for the 15 plates, the 1st batches have been spot on, the engines were built in Swindon, the others are built in USA & from what I remember had delays with part issues

I'm in a 1st batch 15 plate & I've not had any issues, the conti 6 tyres don't last long 3-5000 miles is about average, engine bay gets hot (its so tight in there) Oil consumption is near 0 in 12mths (I have read of later batches consuming oil)

The Honda service reminder system can be very confusing, I've known owners having 3-4 oil & filter changes well within 12mths, myself & others have gone full 12mths or could of gone even longer (oil & filter is when needed, 12mth service is basically the health check) Some dealers have switched the reminder system off, if they have then make sure they have pre signed the correct section in the service book saying that the car is on a 12 mth full service.

Exhausts I don't know your preference but I guess it will be loud, I've ordered the Martelius system it's the loudest so far with bangs & crackles, it's a new release & is still on their 1st batch offer price of around £748 delivered which is a very good deal.

If I was buying a 2nd hand FK2 I would go for the 15 plates, the 1st batches have been spot on, the engines were built in Swindon, the others are built in USA & from what I remember had delays with part issues

Thanks Dweezel for the sound advice mate,
I have a miltek on my evo straight through sounds great pops and bangs mapped in when it gets hot flames shoot out
which is cool! Nightmare to get through mot but have that sorted lol. I had it 3 years now so time for a change and I love the look of the new R. Kept looking at the GTR for a while but 59 plate 43k stage 3 you know the cost if anything goes wrong with those gearboxes , brakes Disc etc, The R a lot better value for money plus I can buy nearly new.
Do you use yours on a track? And what colour did you go for? I like the blue And polished meatal ..

Thanks Dweezel for the sound advice mate,
I have a miltek on my evo straight through sounds great pops and bangs mapped in when it gets hot flames shoot out
which is cool! Nightmare to get through mot but have that sorted lol. I had it 3 years now so time for a change and I love the look of the new R. Kept looking at the GTR for a while but 59 plate 43k stage 3 you know the cost if anything goes wrong with those gearboxes , brakes Disc etc, The R a lot better value for money plus I can buy nearly new.
Do you use yours on a track? And what colour did you go for? I like the blue And polished meatal ..
Never done a track day, I'll probably set records for the slowest lap or I'll be full on road raging :lol:, I live in the sticks so My daily commute is all twists so I just enjoy that.

There has been many many moments of boredom with the car, I think it was a mixture of things, as I purchased from new the lack of any mods for some time dragged on, but we're now seeing stuff being released so hopefully that will sort that issue out, the other problem was/is you know you're not getting the best out of the car, It's quick and it handles like a dream but It is basically a track car & you feel that on road it is wasted, if you do track days then this shouldn't be an issue.

I'm a Champ white fan so only one colour for me, I started a thread when I purchased it but seeing as nothing was out mod wise it was/is very short :lol: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?97529-Robs-Cw-Fk2

Never done a track day, I'll probably set records for the slowest lap or I'll be full on road raging :lol:, I live in the sticks so My daily commute is all twists so I just enjoy that.

There has been many many moments of boredom with the car, I think it was a mixture of things, as I purchased from new the lack of any mods for some time dragged on, but we're now seeing stuff being released so hopefully that will sort that issue out, the other problem was/is you know you're not getting the best out of the car, It's quick and it handles like a dream but It is basically a track car & you feel that on road it is wasted, if you do track days then this shouldn't be an issue.

I'm a Champ white fan so only one colour for me, I started a thread when I purchased it but seeing as nothing was out mod wise it was/is very short :lol: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?97529-Robs-Cw-Fk2

Your car looks great cw the carbon touches goes well
with it. When you get your exhaust post up a clip love to
hear how it sounds..

That sounds like my Land Rover did when the silencer fell off! Much prefer the stock sound, that's just too Halfords.

Wow did not know that the there are already 2 different models of FK2. How can I tell if its a Swindon car or an American one? Have there been issues with the 16/66 models then and what are the diffrences? I have always serviced my cars every 12 months. changing the filter and oil 4 times a year sounds a bit extreme.

The cars are identical, it's only the engines that are now built in America
15 plates are basically 1st batch (pre orders) the engines were built in Swindon to get the orders done, after 1st batches went out the American built engines were used.

I'm not saying they're bad but there was a time when more faults were being found, oil usage was high & most were on the American built engines, I've not heard anything lately though but forums have gone quiet.
Honda have just released a limited edition black model of 100, you get exterior & interior rally red pack, black front seats instead of red & a SE #plaque, pointless release in my eyes as it's identical to what's available already.

The variable service plan can be confusing, you have A= oil & filter, B= yearly once over, but then you could also have a number pop up alongside A/B which could be filter or some other part (all in the manual)

Some owners have had 3-4 oil changes within the 1st yr, mine was still counting down at 12mths old but the dealer did my oil & filter when they done my yearly B service (they shouldn't have changed the oil because the car still hadn't finished counting down A service) but as I found even the dealers are confused about this type of service plan, (mine told me they usually switch them off) which is a tad naughty.
Oil services all depends on your driving style, driven hard, stop starting a lot, idling for long periods of time will see you getting a few oil changes (covered under your service package deal) me I'm near 18mths old about 9500 on the clock don't do any of the above & I'm seeing a full yr before a change is needed.
Oil usage on these cars should be near zero, I've gone from Wkly checks to monthly checks as nothing gets burnt off

Back