• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just bought a new Type R (FN2) Bronze

Here's the pics
22edcc660cd7cf8919c7d3a9153cded4.jpg
0bfe93bae905c81a252dae9c1f8ca85f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Mot all passed bar an advisory for undertrays being fitted! So annoying.

Will be taking ot in for it's 13thservice
This week!

At Honda HQ in Wolverhampton for it's 13th service and at just under 50k miles now!

Oil / Filter
Pollen filter
Valve clearances
DS2500 front pads &
Subframe click fix

Guys always do such a fantastic job.
900632751559b7f61dc61c056358c2c6.jpg
94974cba04a214cbed8bdcfebc21b4b2.jpg
ea56a414db5c21e554138a315afc317e.jpg

I always found the subframe click returned, despite following the Honda service bulletin.
Fitting Spoon collars solved it and the click still hasn't returned for the person I sold the car to.

Hopefully you have more luck than me but just an FYI if it happens :)

I always found the subframe click returned, despite following the Honda service bulletin.
Fitting Spoon collars solved it and the click still hasn't returned for the person I sold the car to.

Thanks mate, yes had it done about 3 years ago and had returned. Was told only half a job had been done before by another garage so this time it should be all good.

How can only half a job be done on the sub frame click? I thought all they do is clean out and re grease the frame before tightening.
Only asking as I think mines doing the same and looking on how to fix without it coming back.

Can you shed more info on that? It's just I think mines now developing the click, wow, irritating!
Not heard of spoon collars? How do they work to stop the click?

Apparently the Tegiwa kit doesn't include the same amount of collars but that's only going on what I've read, I only tried the Spoon myself :)

How many collars are needed then for the Fn2?
Isnt the subframe click usually the 2 sections at the front of the car?

How can only half a job be done on the sub frame click? I thought all they do is clean out and re grease the frame before tightening.
Only asking as I think mines doing the same and looking on how to fix without it coming back.
Hi mate, basically only some bolts had veen removed and greased, was shown a few more which hadn't been done.

Back