• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Just bought a new Type R (FN2) Bronze

Hi all,

Bought myself a Civic Type R (fn2) just this month on a 57 plate and with only 24000 miles on the clock! In absolutely pristine condition and only had one owner with full Honda service history. Delighted to finally have gotten a car which i have wanted since 2007!
Thank you to Loxy for the informative guide in what to look out for and for his advice an tips since I've had the car. Runs like a dream and i love it!

I got it for 6.5K and also got a 12 month warranty from the dealer along with a fresh service, MOT, tank of fuel and a valet. Personally i got a bit of a deal considering the mileage.

The previous owner had kept all the invoices re servicing and had always used his own oil which gave me an indicator that it had been looked after.

Last edited by a moderator:
A joy to drive. Have covered nearly 600 miles since i got it. Def puts more of a smile driving than any other car!

Night shot!

d1d0ea71db31b77bc3ac45ce43bd9448.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Ooooh nice commander.
You got that for a decent price from a dealer with the warranty!
She looks lovely.

Whats the exhaust like?
Any booming at 70mph like some people say.

Need someone with one of these close to Lincoln so I can get a drive out in one before making my mind up

Ooooh nice commander.
You got that for a decent price from a dealer with the warranty!
She looks lovely.

Whats the exhaust like?
Any booming at 70mph like some people say.

Need someone with one of these close to Lincoln so I can get a drive out in one before making my mind up
Thank you mate. Yes still enjoying driving the little beast! Yes the warranty def gave me confidence to go ahead and I've no regrets. Best car for the money imo.

I took the car on the motorway a few days ago for the first time since having the milltek and did notice it being a bit loud at 70 whilst on cruise control but it was a lot quieter on the drive back in the evening. Not sure whether this was due to more outside traffic noise drowning the sound of the exhaust? Overall mate its a cracker and sounds amazing.
It settles down after about 400-1000 miles so my advice is buy one!

From my experience when I had one, there was some droning at 70 but its livable

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

From my experience when I had one, there was some droning at 70 but its livable

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I agree. I only do motorway journey's once or twice a month ao it suits me to the ground.

Hi all, right I've had the car for over a year now and i love it even more!

Been very reliable and covered over 6k in the 13 months I've had it. I've spent over £1k in terms of a major service (new front calipers and valve clearance) and giving it a paint correction. Also changed all the exterior and interior lights to a nice white xenon style look.

Always used shell v power fuel and always let it warm up and cool down.
I hardly ever drive it hard (some would say that is a waste!) But i love the way it looks and the sound with the Milltek!

With the paint correction the car looks stunning! For 2017 i aim to get new tyres (Goodyear f1 or Michelin pilot sports) and all the alloys refurbed. That should be ut for the year. Hope you guys are enjoying this thread

Back