• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EML light on! Knock Sensor

Hi guys, so yesterday I had the clutch changed on my EP3 (got genuine Honda kit) all was fitted and fine but when driving home the EML came on.

Plugged in scanner today and it read: P0325 knock sensor1 circuit bank 1 or single sensor. Car drives well and all seems fine so erased code but it came back on.

I replaced the secondary O2 sensor as well yesterday whilst we was under the car (again genuine Honda part).

Anyone shed some light on this? I don't think we disturbed it when doing the clutch.

Seems a random code to come up, car is now on 80k, full history a service was not long carried out with valve clearances done and timing chain inspection, the clearances were sorted and are spot on and the chain was good no stretch or anything.

Seems I just spent £215 for an O2 sensor and £164 for a clutch hope I ain't got to buy a knock sensor now.

Anyone know where it is located for me to look?

Cheers Guys

Check it's not unplugged. I have heard of it being disturbed during a clutch change and damaged, so yes you might have to buy a new sensor.

Cheers Loxy, we have just had a look and it is unplugged so either we missed it and didn't plug it back in or it wasn't fully clipped in and came loose.

We haven't plugged it back in as we will have to get back under the car and fook that it's freezing here snow on the mountains and all lol. Hopefully will be done sometime this week I won't use it until then.

Just to confirm that we are looking at the right one, is it the one underneath the intake manifold?

Green sensor? Aye.

Ignore the Rotrex, but you can see it here:

rotrex2.png

Cool, that's the one hopefully it's just because it's unplugged and no damage has occurred. Should be sorted soon. Cheers Loxy :).

Happened to my Dc5 aswell when changing the clutch. I bought one cost around £80 and its all sorted its underneath the inlet manifold.

So tamping!!! Got under the car today to get a better look I believe the sensor is pooped :(.

The bolt is still in the engine and the connector is still on the sensor it's come apart and the probe is still attached but exposed, if you get what I mean. Looks like it's split in the middle somewhere.

So looks like I'll get a new sensor, looks a ballache to get to as well.

Back