• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

steam inside car

Hi, the civic ep3 gets so much steam inside and very hard to clear. I have changed pollen filters not long ago and the windows always have some sort of fog on them inside especially the back two and front 2 as well. I always run heater full on warm but it still doesn't clear from inside either only way car is clearing slightly by keeping both windows down. All help would be appreciated cheers.

Usually the rear light seals need replacing not sure how common it is with ep3's but it's very common on dc5's and dc's

Check your boot floor they have a tendency to leak

Thanks for the reply I have seem the boot and its dry. Can the steam be caused even by a slight leak through the light cluster? Front and rear screen are clear its only back 2 and front 2 windows when all windows are closed and heater is on. Another thread states this is characteristic of the car here is the link which I found on the forum. http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?40580-Condensation!!!! Not sure if its same problem but seems like it.

Usually the rear light seals need replacing not sure how common it is with ep3's but it's very common on dc5's and dc's

Right so this morning I checked both tail lights after a wet night it seems that both lights from inside from the same place have condensation. So this means waters leaking through seals can anyone advice on where to get parts from and who will be able to fit these and how big of a job it is cheers..

Your better off with thin (5mm ish)waterproof foam camping mats you can get from a camping shop and use the old seals as a template to cut out

also so if you constantly have the heater on re-circulation that can steam your windows up

Your better off with thin (5mm ish)waterproof foam camping mats you can get from a camping shop and use the old seals as a template to cut out

also so if you constantly have the heater on re-circulation that can steam your windows up

Sounds good. I was thinking to bring light apart and stick the gasket back with silicone is thats ok?

Sounds good. I was thinking to bring light apart and stick the gasket back with silicone is thats ok?

Not it if you want to fetch them off for any reason lol

might as well do the job properly
you can buy the gaskets from Honda but am stupid money for what they are

Please also be aware of the fact its very wet out there at the moment and getting in and out of the car with wet clothes and shoes can make the mats damp. This can make the car steam up.

The best way to clear this is put your heating right up and have the blower on the second setting so it blows hot air at your feet and up the windscreen. Leave the windows open a bit and you will be clear of damp after a bit of a drive. It sounds silly but it really works.

There could of course be another reason but this tends to be how i sort mine out this time of the year, its surprising how much water trainers or shoes drag into the car when its ****ing down outside.

Thanks for advice but mine turned out to be rear light seals replaced both and now its fine.

Honda rear light seals are pretty poor across all models. You can get some aftermarket replacements from the States which will last longer.

Please also be aware of the fact its very wet out there at the moment and getting in and out of the car with wet clothes and shoes can make the mats damp. This can make the car steam up.

The best way to clear this is put your heating right up and have the blower on the second setting so it blows hot air at your feet and up the windscreen. Leave the windows open a bit and you will be clear of damp after a bit of a drive. It sounds silly but it really works.

There could of course be another reason but this tends to be how i sort mine out this time of the year, its surprising how much water trainers or shoes drag into the car when its ****ing down outside.

Yeah that's pretty much what I do this time of year, though I leave the windows closed until it's nice and warm in the car! Having the deflectors are a god send though keeping the rain out!

1e6eddfc683a63e4af80ae60ef0bf33e.jpg

You sly dogs

Yeah that's pretty much what I do this time of year, though I leave the windows closed until it's nice and warm in the car! Having the deflectors are a god send though keeping the rain out!

Yea the reason i keep them open a little bit when its steamed up is to let the moisture out otherwise it will just steam up again.

I'm fairly sure my light seals are okay but I always thought the blower cleared the windscreen mega slowly. Was in tesco one night in jan when it was really bad and seen one of those little de-humidifier bean bags that you can refresh in the microwave, was £7.50 and thought what the hell.

It's made a huge difference to how often it fogs up and surprisingly to how quick it clears. Plus means I don't have to keep the window open!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pingi-PD-A300P6-UK-Dehumidifier-Car-Home/dp/B00I3VKBJS

(and yes I know it's got a lot of siht reviews but they're idiots - thing won't physically clear the windscreen, just remove moisture from the air and significantly lessen the burden on your heaters. No comment on the fire ones though, I haven't tried to microwave it yet.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back