• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Looks like the site's been hacked

Hi.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this but it looks like the site has been hacked. When you visit the site from a link on Google it sometimes (not all of the time) takes you to a different site.

A good way to test this is to open an incognito window in Chrome and in Google search for "civic type r forum" and then click on your site in the results. It'll then appear to open your site but then quickly directs to the other site.

I had this same thing recently with a client's site (I'm a web developer) and there was indeed a malicious redirect script in the source code.

Hope this helps.

I actually noticed this earlier, but I thought nothing of it as most of it was blocked. I presumed it was works' firewall being funny as it can happen quite often where ad links etc are all blocked. I'm sure Al will look into it when he gets a chance. Thanks again for bringing this up.

I can't replicate it on my phone but we'll look into it.

I actually noticed this earlier, but I thought nothing of it as most of it was blocked. I presumed it was works' firewall being funny as it can happen quite often where ad links etc are all blocked. I'm sure Al will look into it when he
gets a chance. Thanks again for bringing this up.

I thought the same of my works firewall, so never mention it before. As it happens so rarely.

awesome! I'll have a look when I get home, probably a bug/exploit in the vbulletin code

This happens everytime I search type r owners in Google and click the link and takes you to different website and I press back straight away and reclick the link

should be all sorted now, cheers for the heads up

Me neither and just noticed too. Don't try removing it like I did because you can't search for it again.

We're looking into it!

Back