• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 self locking problem when driving car

Hi everyone, this is my first post, hoping someone may be able to put me in the right direction as the diagnostic test I paid Honda for came up a blank.

i have a 2005 civic type r and for the past half year it has a really annoying intermittent problem. Basically the car even when driving it, keeps locking me inside. I can hear the boot latch constantly locking but not the doors. It also sometimes when I release the clutch it would do it.

ive replaced fob batteries, and had all doors, boot open and closed. If I leave the key inside and close the door or boot it also locks itself so I never leave key inside.

its driving me mad! Not sure what to try next. ?

cheers
simon.

They don't have an auto lock feature, so it sounds like a lock isn't registering that it is open/closed and sending the central locking into lock mode. Try cleaning up the locks and door/boot closure sensors.

Back