• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help required please

Rapid 17

Mature Member ™
My main web browser is Firefox and I normally log in to this forum by way of a bookmark but have been unable to do so recently using this method. The following is what I get on screen. The page isn’t redirecting properly Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies. I managed to log in via an email sent to me. Can someone advise me on how to rectify the problem please ?

Ey up Geoff.

If you go into history and clear your cookies, this should sort it for you.

We've had to update the forum and for some people it has meant they get your issue if they have a cookie stored.

I've just had a fight with this as well. No matter what I did FF changed it back to what it thought was right, basically removing the https:// bit then throwing the error.

I was having the same problem most of yesterday. I cleared my cookies and it didn't seem to help but thankfully for me it all seems ok this morning.

Geoff, I have same problem as you on the Mac using Safari. The icons are not working, I can't "reply with quote" and I can't put paragraphs into posts. The post ignores any returns I put it, hence ending up with a long string of text like this one. Cant use italics or underline either

Judging by the lack of posts there are lots who can't get in.
Fortunately I was able to contact Admin via another route or I'd be still locked out by the redirect issue.
Even if you do a Google, find the site, the link provided fails.
As well as the smileys, formatting isn't working. It's all being shuffled into long paragraphs.
I've had to force it to line feed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Formatting and icons is something funky with the Java editor. I rarely use the website and prefer Tapatalk so hadn't seen it.

It doesn't help that we fell onto the requirement for encryption at the last minute, it is now New Year's and I don't want to hound our forum guru too much during the break! :oops:

I'm still having issues using Chrome or Safari. Just get the "Too Many Redirects" message. Cleared all browser history including cookies and passwords etc. But still having access issues. Tapatalk seems to be working fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When replying I don't have any options to add video, photos etc. Also cannot reply with quote.

Cleared cookies and deleted bookmark but still no good?

It's the Java plug in that's screwed, and we're still looking at it!

If you put:

tags for images
[url] tags for links
[video] tags for vids

And finish them with the corresponding [/***] tag where *** is whatever you opened the tag as above.

When replying I don't have any options to add video, photos etc. Also cannot reply with quote.

Cleared cookies and deleted bookmark but still no good?

If you click reply with quote on the first click I just get the spinny pointer going round.
If you click it again it lets me reply with quote.

Just never on the first click.
I can't add italics, change font/size or add smilies yet

If you click reply with quote on the first click I just get the spinny pointer going round.
If you click it again it lets me reply with quote.

Just never on the first click.
I can't add italics, change font/size or add smilies yet

Thanks. Works.

Back