• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

advice needed on first speaker install

Hi, I am after a decent sound so decided to just put speakers in. Speaking to the dude at car Audio security he has said the front component size is 5 and a quarter is this right as some are using 6.5??? I am thinking about installing a full Rockford t series set which will be 100rms each including rear 6x9's powered to a jbl 1004 amp. And have all doors with silent coat. The head unit will be the alpine Ida will this system be ok and the amp with speakers cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget about the 6x9s first off, you won't need them with a decent sub.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Forget about the 6x9s first off, you won't need them with a decent sub.

The only problem is I need boot space. If I was to get a 12" alpine sub will I need another amp or can jbl 1004 be bridged?

Most decent 4 channel amps have the ability to be bridged.

Your best option is:

Decent components up front
12 in sub in the boot

You can run both of those from one 4 channel amp

Bridge the channels from the head unit to up the power to the stock rear speakers.

Plenty of sound deadening too

Most decent 4 channel amps have the ability to be bridged.

Your best option is:

Decent components up front
12 in sub in the boot

You can run both of those from one 4 channel amp

Bridge the channels from the head unit to up the power to the stock rear speakers.

Plenty of sound deadening too

Thanks for help. Will the Rockford t series components 6.5" fit front doors.? Will the jbl gto 1004 amp be able to power these and be able to power a 12" alpine sub as well which is 400rms.

Thanks for help. Will the Rockford t series components 6.5" fit front doors.? Will the jbl gto 1004 amp be able to power these and be able to power a 12" alpine sub as well which is 400rms.
Why do you want those specific items? Have you bought them already or is down to budget?

Why do you want those specific items? Have you bought them already or is down to budget?

I have the jbl gto 1004 amplifier. Having read all the reviews they seem good if you can please recommend something for this amp components and sub cheers.

Look at Hertz Audio. Decent kit for all budgets

Back