• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Alloy Wheel Refurb

So I dinged (OK scrapped) half my front left alloy against a granite kerb.
Wheel is a mess - have any of you had an alloy refurbed? All the local places are saying they can not reinstate the red paintwork in the wheel and hence it's pointless getting the wheel refurbished

Any recommendations - and it's way too bad to cover up with black air fix paint or a marker pen :)

Can't seem to upload photos :-(

I asked my honda garage where to get mine done and they gave me the name of the guys they use. I still haven't got round to doing them yet but if they can't do the red I'll be asking honda what I can do about it.

I asked my honda garage where to get mine done and they gave me the name of the guys they use. I still haven't got round to doing them yet but if they can't do the red I'll be asking honda what I can do about it.

I called my Honda Garage in Aberdeen this morning and they told me they can not be refurbished; and I would need to buy a new wheel @£350each.

I've heard that, based on that they a magnesium alloy. The normal refurbishment process weakens them.

Back