• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fd2

Got the brakes changed over....

Old set up ;

Honda discs and project mu pads.

New set up;

Dixcel discs and type Z pads.

The bleed nipples seemed to be weeping the last track day, I had changed these to eBay specials so swapped them over to brembo items, see if this sorts it out.

So went to my local track day on Sunday past with a friend who just recently bought himself a s2000 :smt047. Had a great day with no issues with the brakes, no fade, no weeping nipples :D. Was definitely lapping quicker times and having more confidence in the car with the brakes 100%.... Have to admit I'm really impressed with the Fd2... With the ohlins on, its perfect.

Yea they are great, perform well on track while being comfortable on the road.... wouldn't be handing out money for ohlins if the car was never going to see track time, would be a waste IMO... if it's just to sort out the harsh ride off standard fd2s I would off just went for the koni yellow shocks. @BenL you got Fd2?

Yea they are great, perform well on track while being comfortable on the road.... wouldn't be handing out money for ohlins if the car was never going to see track time, would be a waste IMO... if it's just to sort out the harsh ride off standard fd2s I would off just went for the koni yellow shocks. @BenL you got Fd2?

Yes just got mine last week, loving the FD2R. I was thinking of replacing just the rear shocks on the FD2R and doing tein lowering springs, Seems like a popular option. However, Ive got a connect for some D2 adjustable coilovers. around the 500$ (300pounds) mark, now they are cheap so I'm reading up on them. Anyone have herd or used them before? lol.

Yes just got mine last week, loving the FD2R. I was thinking of replacing just the rear shocks on the FD2R and doing tein lowering springs, Seems like a popular option. However, Ive got a connect for some D2 adjustable coilovers. around the 500$ (300pounds) mark, now they are cheap so I'm reading up on them. Anyone have herd or used them before? lol.

Get a few pictures off the Fd2 up... no experience with them on an Fd2 chassis, but had them on an ek civic, good few years ago and they where horrible... far too hard/stiff for the road, but this could have been the spring rates where too high...

The Fd2 had its first mot yesterday, passed no problems :D I've only put over 1000 miles in a year since getting the car from torque :eek: but a wee road trip will sort that....

Off to Germany at the end off the month with a couple mates, looking forward to see how it feels on long drives and copes at the 'ring' :cool:

New tyres ordered (ad08r) and alignment check and I'm good to go.

So survived Germany, awesome place, would recommend any car enthusiast to do it. :cool:
Time for a new chapter in terms of cars.... So,
Will be putting the car up for sale this week for anyone that might be interested.

This is up at the Nurburg castle looking over the town.

Old part off the track which was used in the war and now abandoned, think it's called the south loop or something along those lines... I'm sure someone will correct me.

Private track day and driver training was on when we arrived.

Money shot, bought this from one of the photographers... going to get it put onto a canvas for the garage.

Think everyone needs to experience the 'ring' no need to go over thinking you're going to break this "8 minute" time... it's the experience and enjoyment of it all, forget about lap times.

Great pics , I've only been the once but loved the whole place and atmosphere.
The old part of the track looks cool too.

Finally getting round to giving the FD2 some love after a long winter parked up in storage. Been concentrating on building work and decorating my first house.... the joys of growing up. :( Anyway just thought I'd throw up 1 last picture. The car is now for sale on Pistonheads and other forums, so if anyone interested give me a PM.

cheers

Looks really nice! Do you have spacers on your wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back