• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Track Wheels

After buying my FK2 I plan to use it for a few tracks days this year. I am expecting to get through tyres because of this and don't want to constantly have to change the tyres on the car.

I was thinking of getting a set of track wheels that I can throw in the boot and swap over to use on track.

Do any of you do this already?

What wheels are available that fit the FK2 without any issues of modifications?

I had Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s in 18x8J ET45 PCD5x120 on mine but for the winter tyres. They would have made a cracking track wheel, light as you like!

Why did you go to 18's John? I have seen a similar wheel used in the TDI North demo car and they look good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDi norths were Pro Race 1.3s and 19".

18" 1.2 are lighter and because I went to a 40 profile tyre the ride was much better

Generally for track wheels/tyres you want a smaller wheels due to weight and also potential handling improvements.

Thanks guys i'll get looking for some 18x8J ET45 PCD5x120 wheel's then. I was thinking about Michelin Cup 2's if purely for track use. Any other suggestions?

If purely for track then yeah but they're expensive, look at AD08R/Federal RS-R and possibly even some semi slicks. But I don't know what the FK2 is like with oil surge.

I had Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s in 18x8J ET45 PCD5x120 on mine but for the winter tyres. They would have made a cracking track wheel, light as you like!

Offset 45 and PCD 5x120 the only one that will fit? Not many wheels available in that fitment.

Yep, you are right. Not a lot out there. There are some JDM wheels coming through, some people get custom offsets.

PCD 5x120 definitely, but OEM are 19x8.5J ET60, so 45 is a safe clearance on an 8J wheel. Any more and you might have a bit of poke and that would lead to rubbing and/or MOT failure.

I took a punt on the offset and it worked out OK.

Doing some serious research into wheels now as I need a set for trip to Spa and the Ring in October.

After seeing the BTCC cars at Thruxton up close I really like the Team Dynamics Race Pro 1.3. They are ET35 and i'm not sure they are going to work.

I know Dotty has the Rays which are 9J and ET50 but they require hub rings.

Anyone else have aftermarket wheels and what sizes and offsets do they have?

Pro Race 1.2, 18x8 ET45.

Spot on I thought.

FB_IMG_1451564225301.jpg

IMAG3706.jpg

Tyres are mucho cheaper with being 18".

Back