• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

235/35 vs. 245/35. I think 245/40 is too big
49667977163_3c2ecbfed6_c.jpg
[/url]9811440E-98A5-486C-A63D-F5E0C2B1D932 by K L, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
has anyone gone back to CSC6's after factory fitment? read some did and the 2nd set sat better on the wheel without looking overly stretched. Sounds like they tweaked 'em slightly since factory fitment.

what has the lifespan been on the 2nd set - around the typical 4k, or much longer? i'm looking at options for road-only rubber and wondering is csc6's are still a no-go...

Was really wanting to try the ss, but near bald tyres and lack of availability pushed me to the pilot sport 4s, got them for a decent price from blackcircles and love them, not as hard and bumpy as the contis, and grip like glue

The PS4s were going to be my next purchase but the Assy 5s are coming in cheaper and rated higher than the PS4s in reviews

PS4S's have been faultless for me a fantastic all-round tyre even cope with light track use and excellent wear rate. Slightly softer ride which isnt necessarily a bad thing for most occasions and you've always got +R for those occasions when you fancy it a bit firmer.

All is say ref the PS4s having had 3 sets on the front of my fk2 is they really go off when you get down to 3mm. Both in dry and damp conditions the grip becomes very inconsistent. I now remove at 4mm sell the pair on Ebay for 50 quid each and stick a brand new pair on.

All is say ref the PS4s having had 3 sets on the front of my fk2 is they really go off when you get down to 3mm. Both in dry and damp conditions the grip becomes very inconsistent. I now remove at 4mm sell the pair on Ebay for 50 quid each and stick a brand new pair on.

Have you used them on track at all?

Might just replace the fronts now, rears look ok.

Ive got the car booked in for service and valve clearance on the 22nd, mot the following week so wanted to get them swapped.
The car is also feeling a bit meh on acceleration, some days it feels a bit laggy even with +R, So I'm wondering if it's either tyres, valve clearance, the GruppeM or possible clutch related, or even brake related, less weight up front :smt102

Yer
Not great imo. Fk2 is pretty heavy, lots of torque and decent ish braking. All equals melty tread

Imo fk2 needs proper track spec tyres if you want them to last. Probaly cheaper long term too

Yer
Not great imo. Fk2 is pretty heavy, lots of torque and decent ish braking. All equals melty tread
Not just me then, thought it was my driving style , what tyres have you had success with on track in the FK2.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Had the Assy 5s fitted to the fronts earlier, mobile fitter zero contact, paid over the phone, locking nuts left behind wheel etc, no interruption with work so will do me.

Went with the 5s as I have the 3s on the rear and also no one stocks the 3s online, I asked over the phone on condition of the old ones as I can't see under the car, usually story "pretty bad" inside edge gone again,
Centre and outer was reading 4.3

Yer

Imo fk2 needs proper track spec tyres if you want them to last. Probaly cheaper long term too

Not just me then, thought it was my driving style , what tyres have you had success with on track in the FK2.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
i've said it once, i'll say it again... cup2's are minimum for track. ps4s might cope 8/10ths for 1-2 trackdays/yr but not the right rubber for anything more.
cup2's not the best on cool wet road though (<10c). I've decided to run 19" OEM on £100-120 road tyres (any premium branded UHP tyre will do) and i'm using 18" to swap between track & winter rubber. currently using AR1s on track and cant fault 'em at all.

problem with AR1's is you push your brakes harder. was getting severe brake judder with my CL RC6e's (essentially melted bits of 'em to the disc) after 12-15mins, and just started to melt my silicone high temp dust seals. need to work on front brake cooling yet again!

Back