• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

The assy 3s are an excellent tyre on the FK2 I would even say better than the contis, I'm on over 7k on the assy 3s & still gripping like mad

I currently have months ahead of tedious M4 journeys due to new work project. Performance will be taking back seat with wear rate more of a priority. I will definitely be getting some MPS4S tyres when i'm less poor and i can utilise them.

I've also been reading good things about Uniroyal Rainsport 3. Maybe for the rear axle. Maybe.

I currently have months ahead of tedious M4 journeys due to new work project. Performance will be taking back seat with wear rate more of a priority. I will definitely be getting some MPS4S tyres when i'm less poor and i can utilise them.

I've also been reading good things about Uniroyal Rainsport 3. Maybe for the rear axle. Maybe.

I'd keep all 4 tyres the same. Personally.

I've decided I am getting the MSP4S.

Michelin tyres do not wear out fast, some guys with the old Pilot Super Sports getting 20k miles. Please don't put Rainsports on. :(

Yikes. How many miles ?

Just under 8k and no trackdays done.
I noticed my brakes were a lot squeelier than normal then boom. Fitted the P-zeros and brake squeel stopped?

Heard lots of folk complain about squeel from the brembos so maybe check tyres?

Just under 8k and no trackdays done.
I noticed my brakes were a lot squeelier than normal then boom. Fitted the P-zeros and brake squeel stopped?

Heard lots of folk complain about squeel from the brembos so maybe check tyres?

I had some squeal but since I fitted the goodyears it's gone. Never assumed tyres could stop squeal, and not sure how tyres would affect brake squeal?

Had AD08R's on the FD2 and they lasted well and were excellent tyres on road and track. Only problem is they aren't the correct load rating in standard size and you'd need to step up to 255 to achieve this.

I use 4S's 235 wide, really happy

Anyone help with how to clean the black alloy wheels, really struggling, any safe products??

Thanks

I use 4S's 235 wide, really happy

Anyone help with how to clean the black alloy wheels, really struggling, any safe products??

Thanks

Michelin Pilot Sports, right - i thought they weren't all that durable, personally looking for something that can last about 12k+ if possible.

On the alloy wheel cleaning side of things, there is an array of things mate, a product called Dragons Breath has received very good reviews you have to order it online from somehwere like ultimate detailing.

Anyone fitted the cup 2's to the FK2. As i only do about 5k a year i'm thinking of going for the cup 2's rather than the ps4s. Car needn't be used in bad weather and hope to do the odd trackday.

Back