• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Ok need to ask your advice. I need to replace the front tyres. Was thinking is it worth changing all 4 to the ps4s even through they're more money as i hope they would last longer. Also is there any benefit to going 245?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

When I needed just new fronts I went for the Contis again as they were much cheaper than Michelins. The Contis I bought are now at the mileage the factory fit ones were changed and they still have loads of tread left.

What mileage are you all getting out of oem continental front and rear with no rotating? I suspect I will not fit them again but if the rears will last 2 sets of fronts J think I may buy a pair of fronts when ready

What mileage are you all getting out of oem continental front and rear with no rotating? I suspect I will not fit them again but if the rears will last 2 sets of fronts J think I may buy a pair of fronts when ready

I got 7500 mls out of them and just changed the fronts.

T.G.

I got 8.5k out of the factory fronts. Now at at 17k on the second set of contis on the front with plenty of tread left. Original rears still on, loads of tread left.

I was pleasantly surprised with the AD08R's. I drove all the way to ring and back on them. And spent a day on Spa and a couple of laps round the ring. they performed brilliantly out on track and didn?t wear anywhere near as much as I expected. I could do that all over again and still have tread I reckon.

I just stuck a pair of michelin ps4s on the front this morning, to replace my conti contact 6's which were down to about 1.5mm. Im really impressed massive difference (not a surprise considering the state of the ones that came off)

I've got AS3 on my FN2 all round.
No issues so far and have confidence in them but then I only have a measly 200bhp to keep shiny side up.

Quite simple with a performance car, buy the absolute best you can afford. I can highly recommend the Pilot Sport 4S.

:(

c2f646bd3d2dc98f6cb686e33e115a25.jpg

Getting two new fronts as the other side has some interesting side wall damage and I don’t want it to go pop.

I’ve asked the tyre place to get Continental Sport Contact 6’s in as that is what is on it, do they wear our quickly or something? I don’t do a lot of miles so might not be too much of an issue, but interested to know.

Wanted to take it for a wash too as it is very dirty but I’m going no where not completely necessary like that. Going to be challenging driving it to the tyre place (it does hold air) sensibly.

Anyone know what the wheel nut size is? I don’t seem to have a socket big enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:(

c2f646bd3d2dc98f6cb686e33e115a25.jpg

Getting two new fronts as the other side has some interesting side wall damage and I don’t want it to go pop.

I’ve asked the tyre place to get Continental Sport Contact 6’s in as that is what is on it, do they wear our quickly or something? I don’t do a lot of miles so might not be too much of an issue, but interested to know.

Wanted to take it for a wash too as it is very dirty but I’m going no where not completely necessary like that. Going to be challenging driving it to the tyre place (it does hold air) sensibly.

Anyone know what the wheel nut size is? I don’t seem to have a socket big enough.

22 mm

Even though I’ve still got contis on the back? I think the garage has ordered the contis now

Why the Pilot sport 4s over the contis?

As long as you have the same tyre across one axle it won't be a problem. The Michelin's offer similar grip but will last 2-3 times as long.

I went dunlop rt2s; 6k on the CSC6 (rotated so 6k is for the set), rt2's algo get rotated but have done 10k road, 1 track day and still 4mm front & 5mm rear remaining. they are a bit soft on track though.
will be going cup2's when the rt2's expire.

I went dunlop rt2s; 6k on the CSC6 (rotated so 6k is for the set), rt2's algo get rotated but have done 10k road, 1 track day and still 4mm front & 5mm rear remaining. they are a bit soft on track though.
will be going cup2's when the rt2's expire.

No idea what these did as not sure if they were replaced or rotated on 4K miles ago. They went quite worn out but a bolt in one of them, and a chunk out of another (potholes) was a bit of an issue.

Currently sat in the tyre place waiting cos they ordered the wrong ****ing size locking wheel nuts.

Will see how long these contis last, I’ll try to stop dropping the clutch like it is hot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure the new lock nuts are the ball seat, not taper seat. While they might physically fit, they are not compatible/interchangeable and will not give the correct torque.

i'd of got 4.5k from the front CSC6's if i didnt rotate. that includes the first 1k of it's life taking it easy to run the engine in from new.
they are good tyres if you ignore lifespan and wet performance. don't track 'em though... far too soft.

Back