• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Why did you buy a FN2?

Hello all,
As you may or may not have read I am or will be very shortly in the market for a type r. My budget will be 6500 ish.
I was wondering why you got yours and not a ST or r32 or instance?

Reliability,
Was told by a mechanic to move from Vw & get a jap car, i traded in for a cw fn2 & never looked back, I'm now on my 2nd type R & can't see me moving from Honda

I had looked at ST's when i was looking at my Type R (bought 3 weeks ago) as they were really the only 2 cars that were sticking out to replace my BMW with, the ones i wanted were just out of reach on my budget, or if they were in budget they had the tacky/gaudy cloth seats, i much preferred the leather Recaro's to the cloth on the ST, the CTR interior is a much nicer place to be IMO, really slick shifting in the box, The CTR has better fuel consumption and ST is a bit nose heavy with that Volvo T5 lump in it, any of the R32's and GTI's i seen when looking around were also out of budget or had higher mileage on them than i wanted(100k+)

Suppose it depends on what you like, i also ride motorcycles so quite like a revvy engine, have also had a few petrol turbo cars as well so understand the appeal of both, best thing is to get a test drive of each and make your mind up from there, also check for signs of accident damage as 3 of the ctr's i looked at all had signs of repair work, and not to a high standard either.

Thanks, I too am moving away from. BMW, a 330cd, only had it 8 months. I too also ride motorbike so it sounds like I am looking for the right car. When sitting in a ST I think it just looks like a normal focus. I have driven a ST but never a type r but that is going to be rectified this weekend, I hope.
Thanks again guys.

I'm a little surprised by the ST, a 2.5L turbo 5cyl, and all they opted to pull out of it was 225bhp? It had better be fantastic when mapped.

I'm a little surprised by the ST, a 2.5L turbo 5cyl, and all they opted to pull out of it was 225bhp? It had better be fantastic when mapped.
My guess is probably down to the ability to put the power down, as the ST's didn't come with Revoknuckles or LSD, and they also probably didn't want it outcompeting the next model up ie; The RS

If you push the power too much on the 2.5 then the cylinder liners can crack. I heard standard cars also have issues.

I drove an ST, turbo felt laggy and it felt a bit wallowy compared to my DC5 at the time, not for me. Lovely noise though. The R32 is a great car but finding a decent one will be hard and they're not that fast plus quite expensive to maintain.

Is the FN2 200 BHP standard? So the ST has 25 more?
What would you exspect from a fn2 with a couple of mods, exhaust, air filter and remap?
Are these few cheep ish mods worth doing?
What does a half descent set of coulovers cost too?

i bought my FN2 nearly 2 years ago after driving my dads friends one and thought it was amazing! kept it for a year, thought I wanted something faster so I went out and bought a bmw 335i, very fast but extremely boring, so I bought my old type r back about a month ago(luckily only sold to my brother), and have no plans of ever selling, unless I was to get an fk2!

Thanks for all the replies, I thought there would be a lot of different reasons out there.
Do you get the GT version without satnav? And what's the edition with the 19" rage wheels called please?
Still learning and looking to see what's out there for sale.

had a st but could not get on with it only had it a few mouths sold it for a cooper s but found it bland ,saw the type r for sale local to me at rugeley .saw it got a top price for the mini so bought it only 32k on it toping car wish I had one years ago

Thanks for all the replies, I thought there would be a lot of different reasons out there.
Do you get the GT version without satnav? And what's the edition with the 19" rage wheels called please?
Still learning and looking to see what's out there for sale.
There wasn't an edition with Rages. They were an optional extra. I've heard the ride really suffers with the 19in wheels over the stock 18s.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

had a st but could not get on with it only had it a few mouths sold it for a cooper s but found it bland ,saw the type r for sale local to me at rugeley .saw it got a top price for the mini so bought it only 32k on it toping car wish I had one years ago

I had a cooper s too. Loved it.

Bought mine (fn2 bronze) last year having wanted one for a number of years.
Main reason for getting one was my budget and the reliability associated with Honda.
I also managed to get a low mileage 1 owner example with fhsh which convinced me to part with my money.

Overall it's a fantastic car and great fun to drive and i don't regret my decision one bit.
Other cars i have looked at since have been the new focus st and bmw m135i but they are over double of what i paid for my fn2 so i will be sticking with mine for a good few years and enjoying it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I've only had my fn2 for just over a week. I remember seeing a preview in stuff magazine just before it was released and thinking it looked amazing. Never got round to driving one though, many years passed and I ended up in my mr2 but my then girlfriend (now wife) hated it. Was the last straw when I had to leave her on Tesco car park take the tv home in the passenger seat and then go back and get her. We agreed to get a 2nd car, a vw Passat estate and it was boring, very comfortable but boring. After 2.5 years things started to go wrong and it needed too much work doing to it. Saw the fn2 for sale at a decent price, and after test driving it decided it was a good all rounder and ticket the boxes for what we both want from a car

Back