• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 TDI Tuning box

Nuno over on civinfo has been running the Remus responder alongside a tuning box since last yr he highly recommends running both.
I think he's seeing around 350-370hp, the tuning box is non traceable so the ECU stays intact

I was reading up about the Remus responder earlier. Have you thought about that ?

Yea thought about one of those as well to be honest, I think all that does is improve the throttle response to make it feel quicker, but I doubt it actually is by much..

Nuno over on civinfo has been running the Remus responder alongside a tuning box since last yr he highly recommends running both.
I think he's seeing around 350-370hp, the tuning box is non traceable so the ECU stays intact

That's awesome, I had my FK2 dyno'd at Dyno Dynamics and it made 313.9bhp and 325lbs/ft with a pipercross panel filter and Milltek 3" catback (road+ system). I'd be interested to see what it would make with the addition of the tuning box as well!

The Remus pedal box is getting high praises, race mode gives you +R response but the suspension stays standard.

Nearly every feedback are commenting on never going back to standard as you really notice the lag, most stay in amber I think for daily use, race mode & +R mode together is meant to be interesting :)

I am keen to start tuning mine but do not want to void any Honda warranty. The TDI Tuning box looks a good option for sure. Is it proven that Honda do not pick up on it and void warranty? Has anyone got a Dyno against standard to prove gains? It looks a pretty complicated device so installation may be an issue unless you take the car to TDI.

I always worry about these map devices and companies claiming they can give you 50+ more HP by plugging you in. Surely if the car was able to achieve that with just a map then Honda would have given the engine the 50 HP in the first place? Where does this extra power come from? There is such a risk of lean or rich spots that cause long term damage.

I would avoid any of these until warranty is up, I have a reliable source within Honda UK that tells me Honda diagnostics can pick up on things... run one at your own peril.

I would avoid any of these until warranty is up, I have a reliable source within Honda UK that tells me Honda diagnostics can pick up on things... run one at your own peril.
Anymore info on this?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Back