• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Exhaust Performance

Hi All,

With multiple manufacturer offerings now available from the likes of Scorpion, Cobra, Martelius, Remus, Mongoose, J's and Inivida.

Which is the best one in terms in performance gains. There has been lots of talk about which ones make the best noise. But changing to an aftermarket exhaust is about power gains.

What do you have installed and what did you gain?

Ive got a milltec manifold and a hks exhaust in one of my type r I think it's about 20 or 30 bhp more as I never got it dyno

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

for the fk2 I heard the remus is good but that is up to you how you want your car to sound.
I was thinking of buying a fk2 in black how are they like

Yep I know I ordered them from demon tweeks if you need good parts they the people to get them from

Changing to an aftermarket exhaust isn't necessarily about performance. It can be about noise, it can be about maintenance (stainless vs. mild steel), it can be about appearance, and it can be about performance. It's likely a combination of those factors. For me I'd care most about maint and any increased performance would be a nice to have so long as it remained quiet. Others might actually _want_ some obnoxious fart-can with a pipe the size of a paint tin. Each to their own :)

Share and like my page pple just type r mods I like doing to ma car and more to come on

Back on topic lol, personally I like to choose my mods on all that's been mentioned, I like a subtle look and sound so I chose a Fujitsubo catback for my EP3, also got a FC Design airbox and scoop (like a Mugen). Currently have a manifold and cat off a DC5 fitted, want to chance this but can't make up my mind as I don't like really loud and want to keep it legal so still deciding on that one.

For me I like an added bonus of extra performance gains and also good proven quality.

It's hard to tell which exhaust makes the most power unless you have back to back dyno test's of all that are available, all manufacturers will claim this and that but you would need to personally test them all I think or get a reputable garage to do it to get a true answer and even that can differ on different cars and dyno's.

If I had an FK2 I would probably sway towards Invidia as this looks and sounds great IMO, I like the J's racing but a little too loud for me, I must be getting old ha ha!!!

The Js is a terrible exhaust, waited a long time for that & it was a major let down, the constant whistle would do my head in.

My Marty should be going on in a couple of wks, looking forward to that, its only been sat in the box for 4-5mths :lol:

Maybe speak to Solid Fabrications and see what Alan can do, maybe he's made one already?

Thinking of changing my custom 3" to the Invidia purely as I like the Titanium tips and wouldn't mind a smidge quieter.

Also dyno numbers are not accurate, they should only be used as before/after. Unless you remove the engine and put that on a dyno of course.

I have asked them to confirm which system this is. All seems quite odd. 280HP was just what they say it made before the exhaust change. There is no way Type R's leave Honda with 20bhp less than the rest... I dont know of any cat back system that gives a 20BHP gain either. 10BHP maybe, not sure this all entirely correct.

I would really like something that has a better tone on startup but keeps the stock sound afterwards. Lots of motorway driving has me actually liking the one on the car plus when you really boot the hell of it, it actually sounds fantastic.

Back