• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

these greasy roads must be fun in the M2 Dotty

My car is currently useless with the 394 map, scrabbling like a dog on kitchen lino at any speed

It's all good.. more fun than driving a dirty diesel, to be fair - they aren't too bad in the cold as long as you drive accordingly :D

I have to say I echo the Michelin PS4S comments - I had two new fronts on my FK2 in August (annoyingly only did about 1k miles before I accidently bought an FK8.) and the grip and warm-up was so much better than the Continentals in cold, wet conditions. Now in my FK8, the Continentals are just over half worn and I went into a fast roundabout in cold, semi-damp conditions a couple of weeks ago and lost the back end under trail braking on turn-in and had to have two stabs of opposite lock to get it right. The FK2 with new Michelins was fine at that speed around the same corner in similar conditions. The Continentals provide more initial bite in my experience, but I'd say the Michelins can do 90-95% of what the Conti can but last twice, even three times as long.

Only thing is there is a huge price difference between a couple of Michelin 19"'s for the FK2 and the 20" for the FK8.

I am glad someone has finally stated not direct rivals, but still would have liked a conclusion!

That vid is part of the best affordable driver's car article they ran in Autocar a couple of weeks ago.

The result was:

1) Toyota GR Yaris (140 points)
2) Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition (132 points)

As already said - very different cars.

It was also wet, 6C and other tourist cars on the track, as oppose to an empty track in ideal conditions that Honda and Renault would have enjoyed to set their record lap times. Having said that, I'm pretty sure the Yaris couldn't match their times as the benefit of 4WD and compact dimensions wouldn't be an advantage to claw back the time to the more powerful cars on a track such as the ring,

TBH all the talk of ring times is complete BS anyway unless you enjoy boring people in the pub :)

Saw a GR Yaris parked on the side of the road a couple of weeks ago (in white). It looked 'just right' and had some serious road presence just sat there covered in rain drops under the streetlights. We spent a while looking round it and taking a few iPhone pics. I liked it a lot but I like 4 doors better.

I’m wobbling on keeping the FK8, I use it at best twice a month, but when I do I love it, generally one run out with my car group and another run up to the borders.
It is a great four seater and everyone in the family enjoys it, just most of the time it’s just me and my petrolhead loving younger son who are in it but what can I swap it too, I have test driven a lot of cars (most sub 50k sporty cars less than 3 years old) and the the only one that comes close is the M2 Comp but I’m sure I love the look of it. The Yaris would seem the perfect car but is a bit too small and over the next few years have some epic road trips planned throughout all of Europe pretty much. I do t think modding the FK8 would help as always found it is pretty much perfect out of the box.

So going to see a Trophy R at a smigeon on under 50k.

Back