• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Kind of disappointing, I guess this is the last FK8 we will see before production ceases next year. The plastic fins on the front and rear bumpers just seem like lazy design that makes an already heavily styled car even more so.

Is this likely to be the last CTR or has there been speculation that the model will continue out of Japan?

Kind of disappointing, I guess this is the last FK8 we will see before production ceases next year. The plastic fins on the front and rear bumpers just seem like lazy design that makes an already heavily styled car even more so.

Is this likely to be the last CTR or has there been speculation that the model will continue out of Japan?

Yes a hybridised type r has been talked about: https://carbuzz.com/news/next-generation-honda-civic-type-r-could-be-radically-different Swindon shuts 2021, so we shall see. New focus rs will be hybrid as well

Many are excited about the future, hybrid power, all wheel drive...but I was at autosport at NEC, and miltek had an 'exhaust' for tesla's. It was basically two speakers that could play what car sound you wanted to what would be very confused pedestrians! I am not so excited about the future

Thanks for the link Fat, I will do some reading. Perhas the CTR will go out with a bang in 2021 with a special, that will be good timing for a new car. I love our FK8, I dont know what else could compare that does everything as well as it does.

Cheers

In the meantime, will enjoy driving the new elephant addition to this household purchased last week.
A 2010 Bentley Continental Flying Spur Speed. Came from one of my boss's golfing buddies (first and only owner) who I offered a bit more than he was getting in on trade. Must have driven only to play golf cause it has only 13,000kms (8k miles). Everything was spotless except for curb rash on one wheel. Brakes are good but tires will need changing later this year.

Now parked in underground garage with the other two gas guzzlers!!! Would love to share pics but am such an old fart, still can't figure out this URL uploading stuff!!!

Nice!! That thing can shift and I couldn't think of a more different car to the R! What else you got then?

.....?.....I couldn't think of a more different car to the R! What else you got then?

Truly on opposite ends!!! Figured, before I end up in car heaven, it's the right time to consider a few other rides cause I can't take my hard earned funds with me. LOL!!!
The Type R cause it's going to be a joy shifting that 6 speed. The Bentley cause it's comfort with it's gas guzzling bottom end torque. (plus the wife likes the interior so much). Mind you, this wouldn't have happened if the acquisition cost and condition was something that couldn't be passed on.

Other drivers are in my signature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back