• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

A sonic grey with about 4k on the clock up for £11,999 buy now, seller had 100% feedback with other expensive items up for sale.
Either owner error or now looking like a fake/hacked account

Living under a rock at the moment, but any more rumours of a facelift on the way in 2020? Wonder will it be just that or a final edition with some more poke. Also what are the chances of it being the last type r model due to all these shitty emission controls, or perhaps will the next one be hybrid of sorts ala Nsx?

Living under a rock at the moment, but any more rumours of a facelift on the way in 2020? Wonder will it be just that or a final edition with some more poke. Also what are the chances of it being the last type r model due to all these shitty emission controls, or perhaps will the next one be hybrid of sorts ala Nsx?

Yeah I have been wondering the same. Some mush in the US went to a show, spoke to Honda and they said no changes to the type r in 2020, and gave him a 2020 brochure with the facelift civics and the R just the same. This could mean nowt though. There is the mystery yellow one and the PMM one with the body coloured plastics strips on the vents on dutch plates, so when will we see these, surely soon...

https://www.civicx.com/threads/ther...ew-for-the-2020-type-r-trade-show-info.43667/

As for future type r, i read ages ago a chap from Honda saying electrification or mild hybrid is inevitable, but the type r ethos of light, agile blah de blah will continue...

So were none the wiser either ways. I asked a dealer over here in Ireland had he had any info on a facelift and he was in the dark, although when it came to originally buying the FK8 I knew about it before he did, so thats not saying much. I've had a horn for the CLA45 AMGs and just got pricing the other day, €90,250 before adding any gadgets, €97,250 with a premium plus pack (That works out at 82k Pounds, we usually get shafted over here on car price so I'd say it's cheaper in the UK, incedently a new M2 specced well comes in at about 2grand cheaper)

Its a pain in the hole though, as much as I love the Honda, I just fancy a change, but cant justify the double extra cost for what your getting on either car

Looking unlikely this gen of Civic will get an general update so expect a run out model but nothing too exciting. My gut feeling is the test mules are prototypes for the next gen Civic and working on an effective hybrid.

I reckon Honda were gonna bring out revised civic, but then canned it cos sales have been so poor. Read an article on auto express or autocar (I can't find it now) and although those sites and mags are generally full of ****, this one was saying how the jap manufacturers in general are struggling, how hondas civic sales have been terrible outside NA etc.

Suits me though, still driving the latest one! Would like to see a special edition though

I can't see Honda making any changes to the Civic production line at Swindon before it closes.

Honda will want that ring lap record back. I think we will see an uprated car soon after they take the record back. Which i guess wont be till at least late spring 2020 ( weather depending).

Waiting patiently for my 2020 FK8 to be built and delivered (I predict June at the earliest). Numerous posts here are expecting NO changes or updates. Hope they're wrong.
Would love it if Honda did something to reduce the front and rear "fake" bumper louvers. Could've gotten a 2017, but wasn't a fan of those non-functional plastic inserts.
Being confirmed to be the last Type R Swindon production, updates or none, will not postpone further. Am wary that next gen could be some form of hybrid.
Dealer who has had my deposit since 2014, informed that Canada may get Phoenix Yellow. Tempting, but sticking with Championship White. Once he calls me for my build specs, upon his 2020 allocation assignment, will post results and any changes, if any!!!

Waiting patiently for my 2020 FK8 to be built and delivered (I predict June at the earliest). Numerous posts here are expecting NO changes or updates. Hope they're wrong.
Would love it if Honda did something to reduce the front and rear "fake" bumper louvers. Could've gotten a 2017, but wasn't a fan of those non-functional plastic inserts.
Being confirmed to be the last Type R Swindon production, updates or none, will not postpone further. Am wary that next gen could be some form of hybrid.
Dealer who has had my deposit since 2014, informed that Canada may get Phoenix Yellow. Tempting, but sticking with Championship White. Once he calls me for my build specs, upon his 2020 allocation assignment, will post results and any changes, if any!!!

I don't think there will be any changes, the only thing may be the body coloured inserts accross the fake vents

I don't think there will be any changes, the only thing may be the body coloured inserts accross the fake vents

According to the following press release, minor changes expected and we certainly will find out details at the Geneva Show. Most likely for the infotainment and bumper(s). The latter being exactly what I hoped they'd address. If so, it was worth the extended wait, especially if there will be a limited special edition!!!

"Honda recently revealed a facelifted version of its Civic hatch, featuring subtle design tweaks and an upgraded interior, and it’s likely that Geneva will see the debut of an updated Type R range-topper. The current model’s 316bhp 2.0-litre turbo engine will remain - as will the fan-favourite triple exhaust pipes - with significant changes expected to be limited to infotainment upgrades and a revamped front end. Spy shots of the model wearing a Nürburgring silhouette decal indicate that a limited-run special edition could soon go on sale in celebration of the model’s lap record at the German track. Like Renault’s Mégane RS Trophy-R, this is likely to offer performance and handling advantages over the standard model."

Last edited by a moderator:
"as will the fan-favourite triple exhaust pipes"

Erm.. Pretty sure nobody likes that lol. Quad tips on the FK2 are 10x better looking and suit the body of the car perfectly.

"as will the fan-favourite triple exhaust pipes"

Erm.. Pretty sure nobody likes that lol. Quad tips on the FK2 are 10x better looking and suit the body of the car perfectly.
I do one of the reasons I went for it

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Back