• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

FaNtheMaN said:
Got my registration & chasis number today!!! **67'KAA'....... like a judo chop - sort of thing....if you squint

At last they must of released the chassis numbers. Ill chase for mine now. Whats your expected delivery date

Hi all,

Managed to track one down - and you were correct it is cream/white. Thanks for the comments.

I think the previous colour I had been thinking about that was a brilliant white was Grand Prix white on the S2000 which I loved

Hmmm.....
Yeah that's the one, on the run out model. I couldn't remember the name. There's also another white they use on the regular Civic etc.

Championship White has only ever been available on Type R models as far as I know.

My dealer told me the Champ White on the 8 is more of a Bright White this time as they had problems with the FK2 with paint matching after repairs etc and hoping to avoid. The JDM with the very bright white wheels seems to give some credit maybe but shots I have seen its defo creamy still

I think that's the dealer talking bobbins I'm afraid

However, it will be at its brightest when brand new

NH0 can change colour over time and become more cream, especially if not looked after, which is why it can be hard to paint match

Chris.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just going to post that, paint code is NH0 and always has been. Paint looks different on metal and plastic panels too, especially in a colour like white!

Still waiting info on my chassis number, they didn't have it last week when I checked. Hopefully have something this week!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well i've had my test drive today and i have to say i'm surprised at the guys who are jumping ship.

What do you mean! :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Rough guess here, but I'd say he prefers the FK2 or considered the increased capital required to purchase an FK8 not worth it in his situation.

What do you mean! :)

Let me just state this is only my opinion and not intended to cause bad feeling and being an FK2 owner may even be a little biased. Also i am no expert and don't claim to be a driving god. First the styling has never been my cup of tea and in the flesh although better than in pics i still do not like, why all the plastic honeycomb. The interior was also a disappointment to me in terms of materials used, ie steering wheel buttons and what have they done to the seats? They seem wider, maybe me, but the bolsters are incredibly floppy and lack support. The driving position is definetly better and the e-handbrake was fine and not a problem, in fact i think i prefer it. It releases the brake as you hit the gas and works well. The high bonnet is very visible whilst driving but rear visibility is good. Driving wise the ride is very good, so much so that in R mode it felt more compliant than standard mode in the FK2. I didn't get to corner hard so i don't know if this has comprimised the handling at all but us mortals probably wouldn't find out. The throttle blip for downshifts also worked really well i must add.

Overall i feel the car is a comprimise not only for the American market, styling,seats etc, but also as a type r maybe, too much refinement for me. I actually prefer the sport looks wise, i don't think the new civic lends itself to the type r treatment very well. I think Honda could have given the UK model a bit more edge with FK2 seats and a more aggressive type r mode but then the yanks were promised our type r so maybe a non-starter. Maybe with a special edition or even the facelift i could be tempted but certainly for now i am a very happy FK2 owner.

I've kept quiet about the FK8 so far and again just opinion but the thing people are missing with the ride in +R being more compliant is that you can use more of the performance on normal roads before the car becomes uncomposed, crashy, bouncy or "hardcore," however you want to term it.

On track, yes stiff is fine, but try to press on with +R in an FK2 on a normal road and you end up backing off or anticipating road undulations and bumps. With the FK8 you can put it in +R, get the benefit of the improved throttle response and just smash it down the road, with more confidence in the cars balance and composure.

Horses for courses, and of course I am the Stig's Northern Cousin so you know...

+R at first was terrible in the FK2 for me and in the first year I probably only pressed it twice, it really jiggled the moobs but now it's one of the first things I press.
The responders available is a way around the ride quality in +R.

For me the fk8 appeals are the simple things, optional extras, styling mods, flywheel etc etc.
Pedal and seat positions in the FK2 have always niggled me, being tall I find my right leg twists inwards on the accelerator so I'm hoping the fk8 would be an improvement.

My cons is mainly cosmetics, faux carbon, pointless faux vented honeycomb, steering buttons, digital volume control (petty I know but I'd find it distracting), the bulky seats.

I've not written the idea off yet, I have informed my dealer to ring me asap if mugen team up again, but at the minute for me personally I feel it's to early to jump, there's already a list building of faults and niggles from the Americans including the handful of dreaded FK2 gearbox niggles.

Fk2 trade ins are terrible at the minute due to the fk8 release, dealers are offering pi$$ take deals, I heard one chap being offered 22k on a 5 month old limited black edition, shocking

Saw some sort of Hyundai Accent with a factory spoiler yesterday that reminded me of the back of the FK8.

Rob I agree totally with the use of responder. Since installing the Remus responder it fills that gap really well. Variable throttle response whilst maintaining the non +R ride.
I am not going to buy an FK8 end of. However I am more interested in the new S2000 concept which may make an appearance next year. I already have an S2000 as well and love it. So feelings now are to wait for that and I'll keep the FK2. I think it will be a sought after piece of kit in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not going to buy an FK8 end of. However I am more interested in the new S2000 concept which may make an appearance next year. I already have an S2000 as well and love it. So feelings now are to wait for that and I'll keep the FK2. I think it will be a sought after piece of kit in a few years.

So long as it's this:
Honda_OSM_front.jpg

Rather than this:
Honda-S2000-Holiday-Auto.jpg

Because if Honda release something that looks like a modernised Chrysler Crossfire I'm going to cry.

Yeah, I know :(

When I saw the NSX I knew the US had taken over. The FK8 affirmed that with the weird panel work and fake grill materials etc.

Back