• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

"as will the fan-favourite triple exhaust pipes"

Erm.. Pretty sure nobody likes that lol. Quad tips on the FK2 are 10x better looking and suit the body of the car perfectly.

Hyundai forums a bit quiet? :lol:

No, How you liking the i30? Wish we had that exhaust

Hyundai forums a bit quiet? :lol:

No, How you liking the i30? Wish we had that exhaust

They are never quiet with me around! ha

It's ok mate, nice car and all but sadly I got a lemon (two times in a row now..) and the dealership service has not done me any favours either by forgetting to fit things or just generally making a mess of a job.

It's a real shame because the car is so good and sounds epic with just the stock system in N mode.

Awaits the FK8 owners going on the defence on why they'll stick with theirs and just buy the parts :lol:

If that's the blue then I really like it, I've recently thought about making the move and considered waiting on the facelift but finally being debt free I don't want to go back there, and the main factor is parking related, it's bumper to bumper now thanks to our local retired space controlling knobhead, car's not seen a wash for 5 months because of this :(

28fe28fb78168a4cf597c218cf90afe3.jpg
fa3949b8f143cd26e8dc6d6b70c7e59d.jpg
7ee7d4c4b259bf74119d533972f965e1.jpg
684ad6826c1a17ca0a2bbb248ab9bcce.jpg

Awaits the FK8 owners going on the defence on why they'll stick with theirs and just buy the parts :lol:(

:D:D

Right, ive been waiting for this day! Initial thoughts from that article only (prob more to come)

- Alcantara on the steering wheel
- New grille
- 'Real' intakes on the back it seems
- Fake engine sounds - if you're not going to do a better exhaust at least add some drama
- Quicker shift

Dislikes
- preferred the fake intakes on the front than just matt plastic
- Discs are no longer drilled...or grooved...boo
- Alcantara on the wheel after one week - gonna get manky
- Body coloured inserts on the front & back, too fussy
- Fake engine sounds - missed opportunity for a better sounding exhaust
- No word if difference between Sport and R mode is more obvious

Meh
- Would never choose the blue
- Tear shaped gear knob

Looking forward to copious amounts of thoughts on whether to order a new one or not based on the hours of forum reading to come...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised they didn't showcase the new Boost(?) blue colour on the stand, or are they accepting the CW is the most popular colour?

maybe Honda should offer the front-end facelift under warranty for existing owners having problems with the rain sensors. (yeah fat chance of that happening) :lol:

I'm surprised they didn't showcase the new Boost(?) blue colour on the stand, or are they accepting the CW is the most popular colour?

maybe Honda should offer the front-end facelift under warranty for existing owners having problems with the rain sensors. (yeah fat chance of that happening) :lol:

CW is legendary in Japan so had to be the colour...plus the blue is gash :D

The new grille is a welcome change for cooling.

The new bumpers I actually don’t like at all.

Interested in pad and disk changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surprised they went for "another" blue when so many people were placing bets on Phoenix Yellow.

Car pictured on the ring in Phoenix yellow was wrapped on the roof, grill and mirrors. I still think they are coming to market with a hotter version aimed at the ring record with loads of carbon.

Car pictured on the ring in Phoenix yellow was wrapped on the roof, grill and mirrors. I still think they are coming to market with a hotter version aimed at the ring record with loads of carbon.

Agreed, now we have seen the standard, I think the announcement on the yellow one wont be long, as it will further boost the coverage and spotlight on the fk8, like the $72k Halo megane did (or at least aimed to)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like some telling changes confirmed coming. Well worth waiting for. Saw dealer yesterday and he assured my #1 spot once his order allocation arrives. Definitely sticking with Championship White!!! Here's the article confirming changes:

"Honda has taken the wraps off its subtly facelifted Civic Type R at the Tokyo Auto Salon, handing the hot hatch minor mechanical and styling upgrades.

The refreshed model gains new two-piece brake discs and new brake pads “designed to reduce fade and improve high-speed braking efficiency”.

Suspension revisions, meanwhile, include updated dampers for “better ride comfort”, stiffer rear bushings for “better grip” and modifications to the front suspension to reduce friction and improve steering feel.

Styling changes are as subtle as they come, led by a new larger front grille opening and the availability of a new Type R-exclusive “Boost Blue” exterior paint colour.

Inside, you’ll find a redesigned Alcantara-wrapped steering wheel and a new gear shifter with a restyled knob and even shorter shift throws. The Civic Type R also gains a fresh suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies (for the US market, anyway).

Nothing’s changed under the bonnet, though, where the turbocharged 2,0-litre, four-cylinder petrol engine still delivers 228 kW and 400 N.m to the front axle. However, the Japanese firm has added a new “Active Sound Control” system, which modifies interior sound according to the chosen drive mode."

ring sting edition

Actually Pistonheads are reporting Phoenix Yellow colour is now an option.

I actually don't like the yellow. Hoping a special edition would be available in other colours

However, the Japanese firm has added a new “Active Sound Control” system, which modifies interior sound according to the chosen drive mode."

I am so surprised that Honda have done this. While I appreciate die hard type r fans will say its too comfy with too many creature comforts as it is, I really thought no nonsense added was still their ethos on the type r as much as possible, hence no pops and bangs exhaust as an example...but then they go and fit this..!

Back