• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

It's not that I think the technology is wasted, as it's incredible in reality. More that reviewers seem to hype on about it as if it has been newly developed. Which it hasn't.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=onfLucF4guY

According to the comments over 400 bhp now and huge torque....crikey

That’s where I had my FK2... I’d be interested to see how long it lasts at that state of tune if he’s using it on track.

Watching the vid, he’s driving with all the granny modes on, you can hear the collision detection going nuts. That means the TCS and VSS will be killing the power constantly. All that goes off when I’m out on track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks, so what you/someone said before was a wind up?

Do you know anything on spec changes?

The yellow car is being tested at the 'Ring it is not being called the Pro Edition or anything to do with Pro Honda. I believe it's being called the 'Ring edition or Nurburgring edition. It has weight saving compared to the current FK8, different wheels, tyres, most likely no A/C.

The blue car is just another colour.

The one with the smaller spoiler is a toned down (visually only I believe, I could be wrong) Euro edition.

I am not sure about more power. I suspect the map may be slightly changed due to the addition of a PPF, also the engine note will come through the speakers as the PPF will quieten the exhaust even more. I can't see it having much more power, if at all, Honda will be focussed on making it faster through chassis improvements rather than headline power figures.

I would be very, very surprised if it had anywhere near the 400bhp that's being rumoured. It's a facelift, not a new model.

the 400 bhp I mentioned was in relation to another owner's modded car

I agree may be a modest bump in power. Hope it's still got its back seats! No AC is too hardcore though

That's probably me getting confused then, I'm sure I saw some press article suggesting it's got near 400 bhp.

No facelift Type R has ever received a power bump IIRC, I don't think the FK8 will either. It'll be a tweaked map for the PPF but same numbers.

Looking at the Nurburg logo on the spoiler I'd guess that is the edition,
So given the name possible 20 to be released with a high price tag like the Fn2 M20?

Looking at the Nurburg logo on the spoiler I'd guess that is the edition,
So given the name possible 20 to be released with a high price tag like the Fn2 M20?

It is a limited run but it'll be more than 20. I have no idea on pricing.

Just make it out here

[video=youtube_share;Wj3TyFB7F9U]https://youtu.be/Wj3TyFB7F9U[/video]

Definitely nothing on that spoiler?

Roof and mirrors covered so possible carbon roof?

d5c350c5bd3908deb18d6a184b364679.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still too many doors and exhaust pipes for me. How much are they paying this Subaru design intern anyway?

Back