• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

d8bcc4314ceffb0e9c8bf5c5c54d0fe5.jpg

Flyingato who I must admit I have watched a fair few vids he has done on YouTube..

Nice enough chap so glad he is ok. That ain't buffin out though

Last edited by a moderator:
I guessed it was flying gato from the wheels he just put on. Oh well at least that door scratch doesn’t show up as bad now.

Washed and dried the Civic last night. took ages because of all the nooks and crannies but it's looking great now. I'll give it a matter of hours until the birds have shat all over it!

20190515_181329.jpg

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-eurocars/megane-trophy-r-unveiled-with-record-ring-time/40231

Game on!!! Lets see if the Yellow bad boy can find those 3 seconds and then some...

yeah, but hardly a fair fight from the French. they stripped 130kg out of the standard trophy R, including perspex windows and other weight savings they didn't reveal (lack of aircon maybe). so far away from being a mass production car that runs into the 20,000+ units like the FK8 has sold. Article says they'll only plan to sell 300-400 odd units of this version of the car.

that said, yes, lets see the new lightweight version quickly retain the crown before they brag on too much. :lol:

https://www.motor1.com/news/350661/renault-megane-rs-nurburgring-record/

It's a notoriously difficult track to learn. Plus it changes, if you go back after some time away there'll be a new surface, new bumps, no bumps etc. I drive around it slowly now and just take in the views.

track times in the real world of course don't matter.....BUT its a bragging right none the less no matter how many people say they don't care...

If they don't have back seats in the Renault I wonder if the doors still work making it like a small courier van :D...the clubsport S was pointless as a traditional hatchback but at least it was a 3 door

enjoyed that!! Especially the Traffic Announcement..

yeah, frightened the bejesus out of me, as the audio was muted, and then after the TA it turned on the spotify hence the slightly dodgy dance tunes playing after the fox hole. good job the prodigy hadn't kicked in at full volume or I would've been in the barrier for sure! :lol:

It's a notoriously difficult track to learn. Plus it changes, if you go back after some time away there'll be a new surface, new bumps, no bumps etc. I drive around it slowly now and just take in the views.

I don't do TF these days the risk and cost is not worth it. I agree very tricky track to learn, I must have done over 500 laps in cars ranging from an R26R (old one), 120bhp Elise to a GT3 RS, I have dipped below 8 minutes but unlikely I'd get under 8 minutes in my FK8. Favourite lap was following an Evora in the wet in my 160bhp R888 tyre'd Elise, I learnt so much about the wet line and improved my driving 10 fold over the 3 laps. Another amazing experience was being a passenger in a Lotus 2-11 driven by Ron Simmons owner of RSR, commitment was 120%, if that's what it takes to ace an lap I am so far off it, but have utter admiration for those that do it.

Back