• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Thanks for sharing this. Really hope yours is gone for good. It’s the fly in a pretty good Ointment (that and overheating but less of an issue for most)

I thought I had this issue with mine when I first got it. It locked a handful of times from new going into 4th making very calm changes (I’m always gentle through gears if not going flat out) but releasing the clutch and reapplying was all it took to engage 4th. In my case at least this confirms it to be synchro related as “matching the gears” is all it takes. I’ve stuck with it as in 1200 miles it’s probably happened maybe 6 times but more recently I’ve noticed that instead of locking there’s just a very minor abrasive feel sometimes when moving into 4th. Not a crunch, just some feedback through the gearstick you can feel. Again this only happens a handful of times.
It feels to me that the gear feel and change has improved with use so I think it’s simply down to new components needing some time to bed in.

My issue probably isn’t the same one as I know some people were reporting much more obvious problems, having new gearboxes etc but I’m only mentioning this because if as a new owner you get this once or twice in a brand new car, don’t immediately think you have a lemon. If after a year it’s still doing it then yes the alarm bells would start ringing but at least give the car time to wear everything in a bit!

I thought I had this issue with mine when I first got it. It locked a handful of times from new going into 4th making very calm changes (I’m always gentle through gears if not going flat out) but releasing the clutch and reapplying was all it took to engage 4th. In my case at least this confirms it to be synchro related as “matching the gears” is all it takes. I’ve stuck with it as in 1200 miles it’s probably happened maybe 6 times but more recently I’ve noticed that instead of locking there’s just a very minor abrasive feel sometimes when moving into 4th. Not a crunch, just some feedback through the gearstick you can feel. Again this only happens a handful of times.
It feels to me that the gear feel and change has improved with use so I think it’s simply down to new components needing some time to bed in.

My issue probably isn’t the same one as I know some people were reporting much more obvious problems, having new gearboxes etc but I’m only mentioning this because if as a new owner you get this once or twice in a brand new car, don’t immediately think you have a lemon. If after a year it’s still doing it then yes the alarm bells would start ringing but at least give the car time to wear everything in a bit!

That pretty much sums up my experience and the gearbox does appear to be getting smoother. 1st to 2nd is still crunchy but changing to 4th feels a lot smoother than it did a few hundred miles ago.

We’ll all be drooling over it in 3 years guaranteed. I’m not overly fussed on it but then look at how radical the FK8 looked on release. It was universally agreed as ugly and now we love them. We’ll get used to it.

The front to me looks a little 5 Series and the rear lights look inspired by the NSX which to me is a good thing. It doesn’t look right in red though and I love my red FK8. Black or white to really show that rear light cluster imo.

More importantly, what’s it going to be running? My guess is this could take on some of the hybrid tech from the NSX.

Actually, looking at those rear vents I’d be almost certain they have something to do with a small electric motor sat behind there

Rumoured to be 400 ps

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
nice to see robocop still getting gigs

I struggle to see how this wont have some sort of hybridization, seeing how the rest of the world is going. Also, 4wd is not very type r in its current philosophy, but electric motors to do that, tech learnt from the nsx, is. Roll on 2022...

That rear looks quite different to the representation on the CivicX forum. I hope the central rear brake light is more like the one there and not a huge plastic cluster as above. That’s very FN2, i.e an absolute PITA to keep clear of mildew and a total leak fest

nice to see robocop still getting gigs

I struggle to see how this wont have some sort of hybridization, seeing how the rest of the world is going. Also, 4wd is not very type r in its current philosophy, but electric motors to do that, tech learnt from the nsx, is. Roll on 2022...

I hadn’t quite appreciated until recently just how much of an animal the new NSX is. The instant torque of the electric motors crossing over to the boost from the turbo means no lag. It absolutely annihilated a GTR off the line and does a 10 second quarter mile. Amazing machine

true, but it leaves me completely cold. There is one that an owner stores at my Honda garage on display (gets to take it when he wants, but gets a secure climatised garage when he doesnt) and i just cannot get excited by it sadly.

Back