• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Brace yourself bredren, the type r has been toppled on a group test by the food mixer powered Yaris in this months Car :D

We all knew this day would come, be strong, we can get through it.

Yeah but has it got a rear wiper? No. Automatic disqualification.

Seriously though, I'm glad it exists and I'm glad Toyota went mad, I think it will make a very good used buy in a couple of years.

I see no rear wiper :p

image.jpg

It only weighs 100kg less than the FK8 :eek:

Considering how small it is that's quite surprising :p

yeah i thought that, despite all its aluminum this, carbon roof that. 4wd gubbins clearly heavy. But then its actually only 20kgs more than a fiesta st. So the Fk8 must be made of papier-mâché.

let's see what the Type R is like, but this is all a bit meh, just looks like any other Saloon (A4, BMW 3 series, Alfa Guilia) in styling with a Honda badge. Even the minimalist interior is a yawn fest but all cars seem to be going the Tesla route with some kinda of big touch screen display doing everything.

FK2/FK8 last of the true petrol FWD weapons will be the cars to hold onto me thinks. (hopes)

With the UK aiming to ban petrol and diesel by 2030 (personally think they have no chance), I am surprised manufacturers are bothering, but then again they have 8 years left so this will be the last type r we get surely. I think it will be petrol plus mild hybrid, which may be good for torque, not for weight, but we shall see. Let the speculation, rumours, wild guesses and absolute BS begin..! :lol:

With the UK aiming to ban petrol and diesel by 2030 (personally think they have no chance), I am surprised manufacturers are bothering, but then again they have 8 years left so this will be the last type r we get surely. I think it will be petrol plus mild hybrid, which may be good for torque, not for weight, but we shall see. Let the speculation, rumours, wild guesses and absolute BS begin..! :lol:

The ban is for new car sales solely powered by ICE. Current cars are fine.

The ban is for new car sales solely powered by ICE. Current cars are fine.

Exactly , I'm getting fed up at work of all the Non car lovers saying my car will be scrapped in 8 years, are these people really that stupid, even educated sensible people appear confused, They wont just ban cars.

Folk will believe anything these days

Back