• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Exactly , I'm getting fed up at work of all the Non car lovers saying my car will be scrapped in 8 years, are these people really that stupid, even educated sensible people appear confused, They wont just ban cars.

Folk will believe anything these days

It's all over Facebook groups as well, I have to bite my tongue.

The ban is for new car sales solely powered by ICE. Current cars are fine.

No I am aware of that, my point was I am surprised manufacturers are putting money into something like a type R, when you think they would be putting everything into EV design & development given the tight deadline

They won't ban already existing ICE cars but you can bet your bottom dollar we'll be heavily taxed for the privilege #-o

yep I can see a double whammy, all too easy to keep sneaking a penny or two on petrol/diesel as well as the road tax (VED) creeping up. bit like the Green tax contribution on Gas/Leccy, next it will be sold as a Green investment surcharge on fossil fuels.

....and all this without considering the impact of the likely Covid payback taxes on our hard earned.

No I am aware of that, my point was I am surprised manufacturers are putting money into something like a type R, when you think they would be putting everything into EV design & development given the tight deadline

We might be banning them early but they won’t in the rest of the world, hence development. Hybrid has been developed for the NSX and would expect a similar system for the next gen Type R. What might well happen is we miss out on some cars. To be honest I feel fortunate to have enjoyed cars for so long, rapidly falling out of love with them when they are powered by batteries, just not the same for me. Off to get my pipe and slippers.

That’s a great point Matt, US are the biggest influence on how cars get developed. We will go the way places like Sweden have already gone. Less choice on anything interesting ultimately

That’s a great point Matt, US are the biggest influence on how cars get developed. We will go the way places like Sweden have already gone. Less choice on anything interesting ultimately

yeah true, it has been a huge seller in the states...

Here are some renders. I know this is the usual new model reveal bingo "if it looks like this I am keeping my fk8" and "what have they done" " boring honda have played it straighter this time")...but if it does look like this I am not keen. (then again I didnt like the fk8 so there I go again....house!)

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-honda-civic-type-r-everything-we-know/

Get your order in now before the price goes up.

d5198c94a9e4ac0cb227db17d02ad2f1.jpg

Hmmm. I paid £33,500 a couple of years ago and now it's going up to £35,320

Given the current situation I'm not sure it's the right thing to do. Most people right now are probably looking for prices to go down rather than up.

Given the current situation I'm not sure it's the right thing to do. Most people right now are probably looking for prices to go down rather than up.

It’s £36,320. With the likes of the golf r, amg35, bmw etc being higher still and this getting great reviews still, I can see what they are doing but doesn’t sit right. Proper bargain at 33k!,

Agree, I may have swapped but given the increase won’t bother.

Even with paint & service plan it's well under 40k :D

Mate of mine was looking at getting a Golf R a few years back & saw one in the showroom with some options added & it was 52k :lol:

Even with paint & service plan it's well under 40k :D

Mate of mine was looking at getting a Golf R a few years back & saw one in the showroom with some options added & it was 52k :lol:

It’s more than double the price of an EP3 when they were new (I know there’s inflation etc but still aimed at the same market)

I’d not be paying over 36k for an FK8.

Aimed at the same market as in Honda fans yes but attempting to draw in Evo/RS/Scoob types too surely? It seems to fit that bracket more closely to me than a 3 door featherweight which is now nearer fiesta type proportions.

Back