• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Just been looking @ the latest Auto Express & apparently this is the new Type R

image.jpg

Nice of them to feature the best colour :lol:

No electrification here :D

Only "mainstream" models will be electrified :p

It will retain it's 2 Litre four-cylinder engine with power likely to rise from it's current 316bhp output :cool:

The yaris is impressive but a 3 cylinder 1.6 pushing high power makes you question reliability and the price is just ridiculous, its still a yaris. On the bright side faster take away delivery

It really isn't a Yaris apart from the name. It has a bespoke 3 door strengthened shell and every component apart from lights and mirrors are different. Unlike a standard 5 dr Yaris built in France the GR taked 10 times longer to build in Japan.

As for the price, you get a lot of hardware for the money, even if the car is at least a segment down in terms of size. For me the compact size is a good thing, for other it will obviously be a deal breaker.

It really isn't a contest or competition though and it's great that both cars exist. Buy either one and I reckon you would be happy. I've tried the FK8 so it will be interesting to compare when my GR turns up in March 21.

I cannot believe matt got below 14 in the wet!! Makes my 13.6 in the dry a bit embarrassing. I am delighted with that performance against a 4wd car, thought we would get mullered. Look forward to the dry rematch

It really isn't a Yaris apart from the name. It has a bespoke 3 door strengthened shell and every component apart from lights and mirrors are different. Unlike a standard 5 dr Yaris built in France the GR taked 10 times longer to build in Japan.

As for the price, you get a lot of hardware for the money, even if the car is at least a segment down in terms of size. For me the compact size is a good thing, for other it will obviously be a deal breaker.

It really isn't a contest or competition though and it's great that both cars exist. Buy either one and I reckon you would be happy. I've tried the FK8 so it will be interesting to compare when my GR turns up in March 21.

Are you trading your civic for it mark? Love a go in one and if I was in my 20s be interested but too small for me now, even though I have no kids, but it’s funny what you get used to...

Edit: i couldn’t have afforded in in my 20s

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you trading your civic for it mark? Love a go in one and if I was in my 20s be interested but too small for me now, even though I have no kids, but it’s funny what you get used to...

Edit: i couldn’t have afforded in in my 20s

I traded my FK8 for an M140i about 2 years ago. I liked the FK8 a lot, but too big for my needs and a driveway originally made for the width of a horse drawn carriage. I know the GR is also wide, but a couple of inches less than the Civic.

I couldn't afford one in my 20s either - in fact I had a VW Polo Formel E and loved it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded my FK8 for an M140i about 2 years ago. I liked the FK8 a lot, but too big for my needs and a driveway originally made for the width of a horse drawn carriage.

I couldn't afford one in my 20s either - in fact I had a VW Polo Formel E and loved it :)

Did you manage to get a test drive in one? I know locally around here they are still waiting for the demo car to be delivered. Very interested in how an awd car drives being the size that it is

I couldn't get a test drive due to Covid, but will get one before mine arrives. It was a case of order a couple of weeks ago to get one for March next year. I think the wait is now back to May 21 with most of the UK allocation gone.

Everyone seen the Dream body kit, I genuinely never look to change stuff like that as usually it looks tosh but I actually really like it, a lot?

GR Yaris Nurburgring lap time 7min 56sec

FK8 7min 44sec :p

It's not comparable for all sorts of reasons, not least being the Yaris lapping on a damp track in sub 10 C temperature whilst having to pass the usual tourist traffic. I suspect Honda and Renault had a closed track and optimum temperatures.

The biggest reason though is due to the Toyota completing the tourist lap which is about 1 mile shorter than the full circuit.

I don't think Toyota will care or anyone who buys one as it makes no claim to be the fastest anything.

It's not comparable for all sorts of reasons, not least being the Yaris lapping on a damp track in sub 10 C temperature whilst having to pass the usual tourist traffic. I suspect Honda and Renault had a closed track and optimum temperatures.

The biggest reason though is due to the Toyota completing the tourist lap which is about 1 mile shorter than the full circuit.

I don't think Toyota will care or anyone who buys one as it makes no claim to be the fastest anything.

The last reason is that no one on here could do a sub 8 in any of them ! :lol:

Back