• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

yeah, but hardly a fair fight from the French. they stripped 130kg out of the standard trophy R, including perspex windows and other weight savings they didn't reveal (lack of aircon maybe). so far away from being a mass production car that runs into the 20,000+ units like the FK8 has sold. Article says they'll only plan to sell 300-400 odd units of this version of the car.

that said, yes, lets see the new lightweight version quickly retain the crown before they brag on too much. :lol:

https://www.motor1.com/news/350661/renault-megane-rs-nurburgring-record/

Pretty sure honda ran cup 2 tyres ? Not available on the road car. So if anything honda are the ones being sneaky, not renault.

Renault really are the hot hatch kings. I know this is a honda forum but they have and do still build some amazing cars.

Pretty sure honda ran cup 2 tyres ? Not available on the road car. So if anything honda are the ones being sneaky, not renault.

Renault really are the hot hatch kings. I know this is a honda forum but they have and do still build some amazing cars.

To be fair I don't think there is a fair ring record, so many variances, track is quicker this year as it was last year, manufacturers "tweak" performance. I agree the Renaultsport cars are generally very good, last few haven't been amazing.

I’ve done nearly 300 laps of the ring over the years. My last visit was with my 2008 JCW Mini and managed a time of 8.51 on factory Dunlop’s. You’ve really got to be prepared to total your car to get a time like honda’s. The price of the Armco and recovery alone curbed my enthusiasm to drive at 110%. The fact that I wasn’t insured was also a sobering thought. I want to go back with the Type R but I’ll rent something from rent4ring for any track time.

wow, impressive time. Was that a modded JCW then? I couldn't even get that on my playstation…

Anyone noticed how utter guff the climate system is on these or is it just mine. Temp rarely reflects what's actually coming out the vents or maybe I am going through the menopause...

I’ve done nearly 300 laps of the ring over the years. My last visit was with my 2008 JCW Mini and managed a time of 8.51 on factory Dunlop’s. You’ve really got to be prepared to total your car to get a time like honda’s. The price of the Armco and recovery alone curbed my enthusiasm to drive at 110%. The fact that I wasn’t insured was also a sobering thought. I want to go back with the Type R but I’ll rent something from rent4ring for any track time.

Is that Bridge to Gantry or full lap?

Yes please for the Team Dynamics one!!!! Would love to hear it!!

Only thing, and it's a really minor personal thing, but it needs smaller spacers on the rear. Can't stand it when it looks like wheels sit slightly proud of the bodywork. Not saying the standard car doesn't need a little push out but this is too much for me.

in that TD version, is it a trick of the light or is the roof black in the front/side image but then white in the rear shot? also LHD on a UK plate - hmmm, wonders if this is the white Ring Car? doing some of the rumoured lightweight edition testing?

oh my that's Nice. Are we sure these were commissioned? Surely it's going to encourage people to modding and warranty rejections? I know people do but for Honda to be involved...hmmm

I am not sure what exhaust that one is, their own I guess - lovely looking though

"Most notably, it has modified the ECU (Superchips), the induction system (ITG), intercooler (PWR, sports cat (Dream) and exhaust (Scorpion), yielding a claimed 25 per cent improvement in performance. That puts peak power at 400hp (or possibly 405hp if its reporting bhp) and 369lb ft of torque - 74lb ft more than standard."

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-britishcars/team-dynamics-reveals-400hp-civic-type-r/40244

Hmm..the scorpion is pretty cheap...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that Bridge to Gantry or full lap?

It was both. I used to go over with a classic mini club and they allowed new minis as well. The club hired the ring for an hour from 8 to 9 am. My fastest lap was during one of these sessions but I started on the main straight level with normal entrance as we had lined up for photos. I was on the front row, but had no cone chicane to negotiate as I was already on the circuit. I think that helped. The car had the 1.6 Peugeot turbo engine and was up from factory 211bhp to 267bhp. I couldn’t get anywhere near that time once the track was open to the public.

this ^^ €6000 for example if you hire a Suzuki Swift from Rent4Ring. I shudder to think what the FK8 excesses are from RSR.

Iirc the excess on the GT3RS I hired was 35,000€, focused my mind for sure, Exige was 15,000€. I had a love affair over that circuit and my dream was to race the 24 hour how ever I couldn't spend the time or have enough cash in the end :( In my hay days I was going monthly, must have driven over 500 laps over the years, but haven't been back for years.

TF is simply not worth the risk in my opinion, the lack of insurance and ambiguity over lack of third party cover, cost of barrier and track closure costs means a simple mistake could bankrupt you, perhaps I'm a bit wiser now.

Back