• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

dammmmm that A45s AMG looks epic...

I have never looked at another woman while in this marriage with the Fk8, but I am going to give the PCP calculator a whirl, then no doubt realise the Fk8 is a great cook and cleans well

dammmmm that A45s AMG looks epic...

I have never looked at another woman while in this marriage with the Fk8, but I am going to give the PCP calculator a whirl, then no doubt realise the Fk8 is a great cook and cleans well

I think you will realise that the A45 is the ultimate trophy wife who you simply can't afford!! Heard a well specced one, to the level of the FK8 GT, is going to be north of £55k!!!

The AMG 45S looks great and good, but it's 1630Kgs makes it too heavy for a real hot hatch

Id agree with this, you can feel the weight in the FK8, Focus RS heavier still, almost guarantee the Merc will struggle after a few heavy stops.

Merc is cheap compared to the 1.8 296bhp Megane RS Trophy at £72k. :lol:

Don't get me started on that megane..! I am trying to defend the civic ring record car over on pistonheads (even though it was shadier than 50 shades)

Still all that money to beat a useable civic is funny as...

Come on yellow ring edition honda…!!

The AMG 45S looks great and good, but it's 1630Kgs makes it too heavy for a real hot hatch

know what you mean, but to overcome weight you chuck a load of power at it...which this certainly has..! Plus tech makes it great fun and nimble according to the reviews.

Pah, stick with mine, give her a b00b job

I am going ultimate chav fest & Street car at Santa pod on Sunday and after years of watching, I am gonna take Roxy up the strip...

I would be happy with 14 secs....anyone done it/hazard a guess on the time/give me some advice!? Standard bar remus and panel filter...oh and removed the change from side pocket so that's a kilo...plus missus is being sent to the stans

Just the usual drag stuff. Let the tyres down, dump the spare wheel, seats etc. Do a few practice launches, then a few more to anticipate the extra grip at pod (if they still out glue down!).

A friend of mine is going in his supercharged swift sport. Hopefully you'll time it right and go against him! That would be interesting.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks Norv

let the tyres down you say? How much?

What year is his swift? His power to weight would prob leave me looking like a plonker

It's a 62 plate red/pink one, with a fast and furious style wing. It's 205bhp, weighs close to a ton. It goes well for its size, not really a drag car though, more built for the corners!

Yeah lower tyre pressure gives more grip. I'd guess around 20psi but I'm no expert!

Thanks Norv

let the tyres down you say? How much?

What year is his swift? His power to weight would prob leave me looking like a plonker

Wouldn't bother, at best you may shave a tenth or two by dropping the air. I would be more concerned about knackering the rim due to low pressure.

Best way to launch the car is side step the clutch, but again I wouldn't bother, you will be best off short shifting into second, be half tempted to pull away in second slipping the clutch. I'm sure if you search the American forums you will find the optimal shift up point. I imagine you could get under 14.

.....wonders if the faux launch control the car has (i.e. you can't rev beyond 3500rpm when car is stationary) helps here?

i.e. plant the accelerator to hold 3500rpm and then launch in 1st (you might just avoid the usual bunny hops if there is enough initial grip) and fast shift into 2nd/3rd. either that or plant the gas to 3500 and just pull away in 2nd.

Fan, thanks for donating your clutch for this experiment, be sure to report back :lol:

I hope Honda, one day, can build a CTR like this. What a sound!

[video=youtube;4ixAGP5zIw4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ixAGP5zIw4[/video]

So,

Run 1: 14.6 @ 97.30 - got spanked by a 30 year old metro, looks bog standard except compomotives, which I later learned had 300bhp
Run 2: 14.9 @ 100.38 - beat a modded R32. Reeled him back in, pipped him to the finish
Run 3: 14.8 @ 102.60 - demolished as expected by an evo 360 MR. Thanks marshals.

In a word, pants. 1st, I let off just under the gantry instead of accelerating through for no reason whatsoever. 2nd, I hit the limiter in 3rd wasted valuable tenths. 3rd just bogged off the line like driving through treacle. Massive fun though and can see why people get addicted.

The car can go quicker with more practice from its captain, but as we all know it's no drag car so will go again at jap finale, want to get into 13s, then Romeo done.

Anyone on here ?

18fcb96854a6ca699dcf5bc9e3514f39.jpg

So,

Run 1: 14.6 @ 97.30 - got spanked by a 30 year old metro, looks bog standard except compomotives, which I later learned had 300bhp
Run 2: 14.9 @ 100.38 - beat a modded R32. Reeled him back in, pipped him to the finish
Run 3: 14.8 @ 102.60 - demolished as expected by an evo 360 MR. Thanks marshals.

In a word, pants. 1st, I let off just under the gantry instead of accelerating through for no reason whatsoever. 2nd, I hit the limiter in 3rd wasted valuable tenths. 3rd just bogged off the line like driving through treacle. Massive fun though and can see why people get addicted.

The car can go quicker with more practice from its captain, but as we all know it's no drag car so will go again at jap finale, want to get into 13s, then Romeo done.
My friend in his swift didn't do great with times either. 15.1 at 89mph was his best time. He was just behind that metro in the line up so you must have been near him.

I was watching on the live stream and that metro looked quick! Is that the one with a k20 in it?

Back