• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I really like the handbrake! I park on a hill, so always check everything a million times before leaving, but driving around and having the auto hold on is really handy I find.

Congrats, looks lovely!!!

Handbrake is a faff - id like to say you get used to it, but a month and a bit in...I am not!!!

As for Autostop/start, Just stick it in R mode, you wont have to keep turning it off then

Ahh! Autostart/stop :) I never even knew mine had that! I only ever use +R mode :)

Handbrake is a faff! Nearly 2 months in mine and I'm still not used to it! Has anyone tried a handbrake turn yet? Is it possible?

Auto Stop/start is when you are in Comfort or Sport, when you come to a rest and you put into neutral and take foot of the clutch it cuts out. Then restarts if you press clutch. It saves the polar ice caps.

After coming to a stop on a hill, I let go of the brake and free wheeled for a bit still in Neutral, system went hang on fella and started her up which was nice.

I watched a you tube where some fools were locking the rears and driving it forward like a dog dragging its harris on the floor, but not seen a hand brake turn.....don't you need to press the brake pedal to apply it? ha, would be pathetic...

When you driving just pull up the handbrake button and hold it up, I've only tried this at 30mph just to shut my kids up,and it sort of works. Please don't try this at 70, god only knows what would happen:eek:

Funnily enough I was searching yootoobz for info on it and happened across some guy in a err Viper I think that has an electric brake. He was only doing 30 mph when he pulled the switch but it does stop the car. Not sure I'd fancy trying a handbrake turn with it.

Didn't Chris Harris activate the electronic handbrake of a Golf to try and engineer a handbrake turn? Car just slowed down and stopped as if brake applied.

a few days later than I wanted but picked mine up this morning :)

37848992822_81f37189ed_b.jpg

Looks grand...10 days and counting before mine arrives so will be a couple of weeks yet :smt001

Survey just arrived
Nothing wrong with mine, but I reported the brake squeal for my fellow FK8 bredren!! Not that it will do much but as Tesco once said, "every little helps"

Back