• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Yes I am looking to buy but with current “climate” it’s hard to do the test drive. I am not fan of “virtual” buying process.

It is a PITA, but one advantage is that as a distance buyer you have an automatic right to cancel/reject within 14 days.

Just found out it’s located in Scotland :/ Bit too far from Midlands.
I will keep looking and when I buy I will definitely report back here and share it with you guys. I’ve been lurking on this forum for ages now and it’s time to have my own thread Stay safe!

Just found out it’s located in Scotland :/ Bit too far from Midlands.
I will keep looking and when I buy I will definitely report back here and share it with you guys. I’ve been lurking on this forum for ages now and it’s time to have my own thread �� Stay safe!

The advert says they'll deliver it for £99! I picked up a FL PMM for just under £31k. I'd give them a bell and see what the score is.

I'm intrigued by this car, as I'm seeing 17 plates with more miles going for more than the asking price, I'm dropping the wife's car off for an mot at a garage next to this at 10 tomorrow so I think I'll go for a look at it, I'm thinking crash damaged mabey or a misprint

I'm intrigued by this car, as I'm seeing 17 plates with more miles going for more than the asking price, I'm dropping the wife's car off for an mot at a garage next to this at 10 tomorrow so I think I'll go for a look at it, I'm thinking crash damaged mabey or a misprint

That sounds great but do you think they will let you test drive it? I’m sure there must be something wrong with it... Looks all right on the photos though.

Would probably need to book the test drive due to covid, but I'm more interested in what the history of the car is and if they try to lie about why it's so cheap if it's not a misprint

Would probably need to book the test drive due to covid, but I'm more interested in what the history of the car is and if they try to lie about why it's so cheap if it's not a misprint

Wrong price listed on that car, I took a pic of it this morning it's windscreen price is 30498 or 29998 for cash sale
If something seems too good to be true it usually is :lol:

It’s advertised on official honda website so according to customer rights it should be sold for the shown price or am I wrong?

It’s advertised on official honda website so according to customer rights it should be sold for the shown price or am I wrong?

A while since I did that subject at Uni and don't recall the ins and outs, but wrong Im afraid as there is no contract to sell formed at this stage.

a friend fell foul of this with a 2nd hand Ford Fiesta being sold by a main dealer for his missus. it was marked up at £7995 with an option of £1000 trade-in. His wife loved the car/wanted it. They didn't have a car to trade-in but he was happy to just cough -up the £7995 sticker price. They refused to sell him the car, basically stating it's an invitation to purchase and they don't have to sell any car to any person if they so choose. He thinks they were trying to work extra commission/margin on taking a trade-in car worth more than £1000.

I might be wrong / chinese whispers and all that but think that's the case maybe Paul recalls from his Uni days.

a friend fell foul of this with a 2nd hand Ford Fiesta being sold by a main dealer for his missus. it was marked up at £7995 with an option of £1000 trade-in. His wife loved the car/wanted it. They didn't have a car to trade-in but he was happy to just cough -up the £7995 sticker price. They refused to sell him the car, basically stating it's an invitation to purchase and they don't have to sell any car to any person if they so choose. He thinks they were trying to work extra commission/margin on taking a trade-in car worth more than £1000.

I might be wrong / chinese whispers and all that but think that's the case maybe Paul recalls from his Uni days.

I'm sure the case which set the standard related to cotton and was a few hundred years old. But yeah basically what happened to your friend with the invitation to trade not being the formation of a contract is correct. That seems really bad service for your friend, I certainly wouldn't be very happy!

Back