• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

It looks a bit pricey for a 14 month old car as the brand new ones are now being discounted which is bound to hit residuals.

what do you think it should be up for out of interest then ?

what sort of discounts can be had on new ones ?

A quick look at Drive the deal says £31,283 for a black GT version on a PCP (no Honda finance contribution on the R) or £30,783 if paying cash. Given that the broker usually takes 1% you should be able to do even better if you haggle hard enough.

I bought a main dealer October 67 plate GT with less than 300 miles on the clock in February for £28,995 including the 5 year SP, so that makes me think £27,250 for a private sale 8 months later is too much for a 14 month old car with 10k miles. It's pretty hard selling cars privately these days at prices north of £20k as most buyers are only interested in the monthly payments and want dealer PCP facilities.

If you want to know what the bottom trade value is just put that number plate into any of the usual car buying merchants.

I've got three words for a 17 plate - ragged.to.sh1t

All 17's were dealer demo's, many on the staff race days at various race tracks...

Er..I am sure all other ex demos are fine though :D

I've got three words for a 17 plate - ragged.to.sh1t

All 17's were dealer demo's, many on the staff race days at various race tracks...

Er..I am sure all other ex demos are fine though :D

I know of a few “brand new” ones that have had gearbox troubles....

A quick look at Drive the deal says £31,283 for a black GT version on a PCP (no Honda finance contribution on the R) or £30,783 if paying cash. Given that the broker usually takes 1% you should be able to do even better if you haggle hard enough.

I bought a main dealer October 67 plate GT with less than 300 miles on the clock in February for £28,995 including the 5 year SP, so that makes me think £27,250 for a private sale 8 months later is too much for a 14 month old car with 10k miles. It's pretty hard selling cars privately these days at prices north of £20k as most buyers are only interested in the monthly payments and want dealer PCP facilities.

If you want to know what the bottom trade value is just put that number plate into any of the usual car buying merchants.

thanks that's interesting stuff. You're right , looks like a private sale would probably be just above any trade in price. it does seem that nothing moves privately above 20k

I still have two years left but I do wonder what sort of equity I will have come to hand back time.

Based on Fk2 looks about £5k based on balloon payment of 15K required, and hovering around 20K as you say three years on.

£5k on an NSX aint gonna go far :D

thanks that's interesting stuff. You're right , looks like a private sale would probably be just above any trade in price. it does seem that nothing moves privately above 20k

when my old FK8 got traded in back in June, dealer said for a 10 month old FK8 with 10k miles the Honda trade-in value was £26,450. Now because of the all the hassle Honda offered "over the book value" on the old car, discounted heavily the new one and the dealer themselves made a goodwill cash contribution to make up for all the hassle so in the end I was a happy pup.

but I'd say that black one is definitely priced to sell, and yeah, I'd definitely check the gearshift, but then I would with "any" FK8 I was considering to purchase.

I think my old car went up for sale with the dealer at £29,650 and sold within a couple of weeks.

Noticed the interior roof light is making a "fizzing" noise around 3000rpm.

Does anyone know if it's easy to remove so I can look inside and see what's making the noise?

Thanks!

Noticed the interior roof light is making a "fizzing" noise around 3000rpm.

Does anyone know if it's easy to remove so I can look inside and see what's making the noise?

Thanks!

Yeah it has a little gap for a small flat head screw driver. It pops off.

Back