• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Have any of you guy's in the UK gotten a whiff of when the facelift is due to land there? IIRC your reg system is March and September, historically do they tend to launch around a new reg plate?

Just been told its a case of sell the old stock first but as mentioned if i was buying in March i would want or wait for a revised model. Suppose there could be some discount available for an older model.

They have dealt with the cooling issues that they originally said weren't an issue :rolleyes:
I'm liking that blue though, looks good, secretive interior, suspension tweaks, could be worth holding out for if in the market for one

Looking forward to the road tests to see if the changes to the suspension add up to a big difference. I'd like there to be more difference between modes, I personally can't tell the difference between sport and R.

The blue and red is too superman for me, just needs a red cape

...........blue and red is too superman for me, just needs a red cape

Thanks FNtheM for putting me back to reality. Got carried away watching the video.
White has been lucky for me so will stick with it!

UPDATE 2/8/20:
Got the opinions of my 4 sons. Their consensus - "don't live in the past".
It's back leaning towards Boost Blue. If this happens, for me, it'll be the first color BLUE I will ever have purchased (new or used). Should the interior have blue inserts, this definitely will happen!!
Should be able to spec the order by April/May. This is one senior whose excitement level is stirring up!!!

UPDATE 2/10/20:
Dealer e-mailed that he put in my order early last week. 1st Allocation was assigned, and, my name is on the first Championship White arriving. The vehicles in that 1st shipment are all committed.
Am willing to wait, so, gave the dealer a phone call he confirmed that my name will be on top for the 2nd allocation for BBlue. Delivery expected to happen around June. Canadian pricing not available yet.

UPDATE 2/26/20
Dealer called 2/24 that Canadian price released.
MSRP $43,690 Boosr Blue $500* Illumination pkg. $411 Freight: $1,780 Total = CND$46,381 (US$34,360) + taxes/license
(Exchange US$1 = CND$1.35)
Am re-writing the Bill of Sale this PM to reflect that's what I'll be paying and nothing more. Will consider adding interior illumination + rubber floor/boot mats. Delivery may be as early as April! Excitement level is building!!!
Result of meeting w/ dealer:
Moved me up to the first allocation. They threw in all the OEM Type R rubber mats including the boot area and 1/2 for all the interior illumination $411 ( my share).
Other news (for the Canadian market): a. GM mentioned that 2021 Limited Edition will be allocated by Honda Canada. Supposedly, buyers have to log onto the mfg'r site and register interest. b. There may not be another CTR ( for Canada) after the FK8.

UPDATE 3/26/20
Dealer informed yesterday that they were allocated 5 units in the 1st shipment. 4 C.White and 1 Black. No Boost Blue. Hoping that production stoppage at Swindon didn't affect the 2nd allocation and that a B. Blue is included. The wait continues!!!

UPDATE 3/30/20
Dealer emailed today. Only one Boost Blue coming in next allocation which has landed at the East Coast port today. VIN # sent. ETA delivery is 3rd or 4th week in April. Getting closer!!!

UPDATE 4/07/20
Got notice that my CTR is on a railcar headed towards Alberta. ETA Vancouver expected 4/15 at railyard. Unloading and trucking to dealership will take another week. Delivery should be by month end or first week in May at the latest.

UPDATE 4/18/20
My BB CTR has arrived at the local railway yard this past Tuesday. Because of Covid, terminal and trucking services are meager creating delays for all dealers. Still hoping that a month end delivery is possible. Fingers crossed!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks FNtheM for putting me back to reality. Got carried away watching the video.
White has been lucky for me so will stick with it!

UPDATE2/8/20:
Got the opinions of my 4 sons. Their consensus - "don't live in the past".
It's back leaning towards Boost Blue. If this happens, for me, it'll be the first color BLUE I will ever have purchased (new or used). Should the interior have blue inserts, this definitely will happen!!
Should be able to spec the order by April/May. This is one senior whose excitement level is stirring up!!!

UPDATE 2/10/20:
Dealer e-mailed that he put in my order early last week. 1st Allocation was assigned, and, my name is on the first Championship White arriving. The vehicles in that 1st shipment are all committed.
Am willing to wait, so, gave the dealer a phone call he confirmed that my name will be on top for the 2nd allocation for BBlue. Delivery expected to happen around June. Canadian pricing not available yet.

Nice onegood feeling when it's official..... count down begins now, hope the months go quick for you

(Four sons! Been busy...!)

would've ended up in one most likely if it existed when i bought my fk2.

I had the '18 jazz a courtesy car when mine was in for service and i did like it inside. better than i expected "for a jazz". aint a shadow on the fk2 but for what it is it did the job. would be just as suitable for me than the 10g 1.0t civic i also had as a loan.
with the standard jazz: lower seating position, substantially firm up suspension and give it more power (1.5t + tune) and I'd be seriously tempted if i were in the market.

After finding out this morning that my BB CTR (2nd allocation) is at the local railyard, dealer informed me that I was welcome to see the arrival of their 1st allocation at their storage lot.
4 C. White (1 delivered) and 1 Black (ALL SOLD).
Was able to take some pics but left quickly as my car was in the way of two transports delivering regular Civics and a bunch of Odesseys.
20200417_104426_zpsqousjq4j.jpg

20200417_104156_zps5g864sii.jpg

20200417_104447_zpsgbrxtuys.jpg

Here's MSRP in Canada. Dealers can't fiddle with these numbers. However, pertaining mostly to limited vehicles, like the CTR, they have creative dealer fees, forced on accessories and multiple misc. dealer services. Having been waiting with a deposit since 2014, they must've pitied my senior status plus my patience in not getting any of the previous years. They allowed the posted price plus taxes and licensing but nothing else. Was able to get the Type R boot mat and rubber mats at no additional charge.
20200417_104508_zpsbs9oxwfl.jpg

With Covid, railyard and transport services are minimal. Delivery will hopefully occur by month-end or this May at the latest. The CTR is close - but no cigar!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back