• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Anyone on here ?

18fcb96854a6ca699dcf5bc9e3514f39.jpg

can we talk about why you are taking photos while driving? You BMW drivers....:D

My friend in his swift didn't do great with times either. 15.1 at 89mph was his best time. He was just behind that metro in the line up so you must have been near him.

I was watching on the live stream and that metro looked quick! Is that the one with a k20 in it?

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

No, it had an MG6 1.8 litre turbo unit in it. Strange donor choice from an absolute rotter of a car, but fits straight in apparently. Few more bits done to it. He was with three mates, one in another metro (which may have had a K20), and another chap with a kit car based on an MGF, who ran a low 11's! He had a cool box packed with ice which he would pack around the turbo and intercooler while waiting in the queue so they knew their apples...

That's another reason I am using as well...queuing gives massive heat soak. I only opened my bonnet in the queue for the final run cos it was windy as fook

Wonder when the facelift model is due to drop, I thought it might have been launched in the UK for the new registrations but the likelyhood is the US is where they are making their money so will leave it till late 19/ early 2020, would love to see a power boost rather than just new front and rear bumpers

Every other model has been revealed with the new bumpers on Honda press releases etc...except the type r despite that spy shot looking production ready

I wonder if the megane trophy r has delayed it a bit while they try get the crown back with a RR version or whatever, which is having a knock on effect on the normal models

hurry up honda

Have you seen this one below with the new bumper?

https://www.civicx.com/threads/face...hU-sFIFc88Fu2bXeYV3O3dHT8NzYYiGmJPN3c0XyAicbg

Not sure whats up with the spoiler on it though. I'm waiting on a price on a cla45 amgs at the moment, but so far can confirm Mercedes dealers appear worse than Honda ones for getting back to you. I think if there was a bump in power on the FK8 Id probably switch and go champ white, as even though the red really suits it I kinda was ****ed I didn't take white after getting red

that's what I posted here on the 20th :lol:

- It's either a slightly toned down version with less power
- It's a slightly toned down version with the same power (so much for aero)

A45 looks great, if I had the money defo be up there. In the past the facelift has never got more power but we can hope. Maybe the yellow one was just a lighter version

just need the one lap fella...come on, this is war :lol:

I took the Civic to an evening session at the ring last night. Before I continue, in the Civic's defence.....

It was a warm evening (27 degrees)
We were 4 up with a boot full of booze/luggage
I had the air con on full (but it tends to stop blowing cold when the engine gets hot)

Half way in, taking my family on a moderate lap (think fast A road), the temperature gauge was near the top. I just can't see how it wasn't an issue when they were attempting to get the record, or in current testing with the yellow car.

Lol,was gonna post same link. Not surprised lap time is that close as it's got more torque which suits the smaller circuit, a driver who has never loved the civic and missed a gear change...the other mush should have driven the civic!! Apart from that I am not defensive at all :D

Next RS (if there is one) would be pretty epic though

Seems very slow compared to Sutcliffe's 45.8. Reading the magazine I think conditions were variable.

[video=youtube;dQ9mFuqdOZ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ9mFuqdOZ0[/video]

Dotty was so excited to see his next car on the road he almost threw his phone out the passenger window grabbing this shot eh? :lol:

to be honest I'm not sure the red "GT" trim piping really works with the yellow. Jam Sponge and Custard anyone ?? :)

Back