• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

first time I have really noticed the wheels - NSX ones aren't they lot of the yanks change to...Includign HPJ! Are we sure this aint based on him :p:D

Definitely nothing on that spoiler?

Roof and mirrors covered so possible carbon roof?

d5c350c5bd3908deb18d6a184b364679.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the video picture you can see the Nurburg logo on the side panel of the spoiler

Look at the still of the video on the previous page, BMW, Type R, AMG,
You can clearly see the logo on the upright of the spoiler, easier on mobile and zoom in

Utter pish on the interior feeling dated, they're almost identical and with no faux carbon

Been holding off replying to your constant comparisons.

I think you are wearing rose tinted glasses, I'm sure you will think I'm biased, but the reality is the FK8 is better, take the looks aside (personal opinion) and drive both back to back and you will come to the same conclusion. Is it any quicker not by much, if anything, crikes I can drive mine as quick as I can a 570s on the road, it doesn't matter. As a driver I enjoy driving the FK8 at 10/10's at 1/10 the FK2 I drove and then drove again but just couldn't convince myself was the finished article, so didn't buy, ironically and at the time I didn't know the FK8 was coming, which I think is a superb car.

It's no lightweight sports car, the fuel consumption is pretty poor when you're on it, the alloys are too large, the fake grills a bit meh, it still doesn't sound great, the tyre wear horrendous and as a mid 40's chap look a right **** driving one although the kids at school think I'm the coolest dad.

But on one of our B roads it is a total driver's car, the steering perfect, the brakes perfectly servoed, the handling just right, oversteer if you really go in hard and lift off, but perfectly controllable, the rear drifts marginally and when really pushing the front end dips into a corner like a sea bird diving for a fish, you turn a tricky corner into an apex, a precision weapon the turn in beyond what you would think possible with a fwd car. Plenty of power to lay 11's, too much dare I say, as change into second when on it you get wheelspin, those standard Contis just don't like it, it is frustrating, but easier to short shift into 3rd gear and use the torque, no torque steer (how is this possible?)
Lift off and select comfort, sit back in a seat that you could happily spend 8 hours in (I have) and you are driving a comfort only found in a high end German brand, fuel economy trebles, suitcase in the back, wife doing her make up, race car to family car in a flick of a switch.

Is the FK8 better than an FK2 who gives a darn, but I would happily say you wouldn't be disappointed driving one.

Enjoy your FK2 it is a really good car, but perhaps leave your feedback on the FK2 forum or take off your spectacles and enjoy what Honda is doing now, that it wasn't doing since the EP3, and that is making great cars again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's more dated than the FK8, I'm not sure how you could claim it's not.

but the FK2 is a dash from 2011/12. ofc it's gonna be dated. not like the FK2R had it's own dash.

personally, i prefer the FK8 interior with a few minor points like where the rev counter is. No idea why they brought it down on the electronic display and didn't leave it on top like the FK2.
I've had a dealer 10g 1.0t auto as a courtesy car and when i got my FK2 back the entire thing felt dated and unrefined but then I'm not comparing the two typeR's. typeR is meant to be a bit raw, 1.0t isn't targeted at the same market.

but again, you're comparing an interior from 2011/12, and one 6-7 years later. I'd say it's more down to progress rather than anything else.
shame solutions to rattles haven't been progressed. looks like we all suffer from that!

I mean for a car it's far from a dated interior, is the fk8 a better interior yes but I wouldn't say it makes the FK2 interior look dated

Totally agree with this, as a FK8 driver I still really like the FK2 interior. Don't think it looks dated in the slightest

I gotta agree as well, (which isn't every day with dweezle!) if an alien came down and you asked him which one was the newer car he'd probably say the FK2 after you explained what a car was, what Brexit is etc. Analogue dials only give away maybe...

rest is utter guff though :lol:

I have to say after owning both i love both but the FK8 is the better car but for some strange reason the FK2 felt more special that might just be me as it was the first Type R *** owned. To live with and to drive especially on long journeys the FK8 is and feels the better car.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back