• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

The last reason is that no one on here could do a sub 8 in any of them ! :lol:

Times are meaningless, think you would need a support crew to get close to manufactures figures.

I’d have a go at 8 minutes if I was younger, far too sensible these days, managed 8:05 in a 165bhp Elise and on my personal limit, this was when I was going once or twice a month though, haven’t been since 2013.

If you stick some track tyres and decent brakes on an FK8 I would have thought someone with some balls and experience could manage it I would have thought.

Everyone seen the Dream body kit, I genuinely never look to change stuff like that as usually it looks tosh but I actually really like it, a lot?

Yeah, is it new front wings or just side skirts and diffusers? Some shots looked like more boxy wings. I like it but wouldn’t get it, moving a bit towards a show car look and you’d need different wheels than standard to pull it off

I couldn't get a test drive due to Covid, but will get one before mine arrives. It was a case of order a couple of weeks ago to get one for March next year. I think the wait is now back to May 21 with most of the UK allocation gone.

Spotted this earlier.

13ca4d114b27b84598b9135832db1e69.jpg

ac8cf2cf78f3d1a3e09d856863b8bf05.jpg

943c878b9db62ffae2ccc2b3503e75b3.jpg

It matters not either way I just inferred from the images and how you said what you said that you saw the car but didn't speak to the guy. Like I said, it's of no consequence.

No trouble. As it happens I didn’t get a chance although I would have liked to, we just happened to be on the same bit of road after the garage.

these greasy roads must be fun in the M2 Dotty

My car is currently useless with the 394 map, scrabbling like a dog on kitchen lino at any speed

I've been pleasantly surprised by the amount of traction available of late funnily enough; not going for heroics but haven't had any major issues getting the power down (at 360 on PS4S)

That being said, I've avoided the proper wet where possible.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I've been pleasantly surprised by the amount of traction available of late funnily enough; not going for heroics but haven't had any major issues getting the power down (at 360 on PS4S)

I'm stock power but looking forward to switching the tyres out for these when the time comes. Did you stick with 245/30 or up the width and profile to 255/35 as I've heard many do?

Up to 255/35 :) - I've been espousing the benefits for a ehile over in the tyre selection thread

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Funny how everyone says the PS4S is so much better in the wet but the review I watched said all out grip was better on the conti 6s.
They did concede they felt more through the car on the Michelin’s and for that reason they were personal choice. It certainly doesn’t appear to be night and day like some seem to be making out though.

Funny how everyone says the PS4S is so much better in the wet but the review I watched said all out grip was better on the conti 6s.
They did concede they felt more through the car on the Michelin’s and for that reason they were personal choice. It certainly doesn’t appear to be night and day like some seem to be making out though.

What I would say is the Conti’s take longer to warm up, in colder climate I have way more confidence in the Michelin’s. I run Michelin’s on the front and Conti’s on the rear.

I had MPS4S on my FK2 & traction from a standstill (pulling away from traffic lights etc) was greatly improved in the cold/wet compared to the Continentals =D>

I don't have any complaints about the Continentals whilst on the move & through the corners but the traction control is triggered way less with the Michelins when you want a quick getaway :p

I had MPS4S on my FK2 & traction from a standstill (pulling away from traffic lights etc) was greatly improved in the cold/wet compared to the Continentals =D>

One of the "best moments" with the original Conti's was when I was trying (!) to join a roundabout back in January - It was about 2c and lightly frosty; Was trying to join a normal sized gap but ended up doing a "burnout" whilst doing the dog on lino trick :lol: - Ended up having to try again very, very gently once there was a very generous gap! - Thought then I'd need something else by next winter!

The MPS4S have been much better with the lower temperatures; I find the handling much "safer" than the Contis, in that they're not as snappy / tail happy when it's moist / cold - I used to be able to provoke LOOS with great ease on the Contis, but the rear tends to hold on the MPS4S - Arguably not as fun, but I'll take the safety for road use.

In terms of warm, dry days, I'd probably opt for the Contis - I'd say the grip was as good or just slightly better than the Michi's, but they were a touch more communicative and enjoyable. - This observation may be in part due to my going-up size to 255/35 + the softer michelin sidewall though:- It's still much better for road use as you can place the car without fearing the cost of a new wheel.

That and the blazing through the contis in ~6K... At £250 a corner, all round, twice a year the bills would stack up very, very quickly. So far my Michis' have done 8K, and look to still have at least another 8K left in them, and come in at a much lower purchase price!

Back