• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I am struggling to think of anything to replace the civic, and while I respect the trophy r, wouldn’t be on my shortlist at that price point, I’d be sniffing about an A45s. But for a used rarely extreme blast machine sure it would be great. Guess you don’t get the carbon wheels at that price, red ones look better anyway

But Remap the civic! It will give you the love back

The only thing on my radar as a possible replacement is the A90 Supra but haven't even taken the time to sit in one yet so... Don't like the look of any of the new 11th Gen renders and as of right now, the most likely outcome would be to keep the car at the end of its PCP.

When you have a remap, can you have it so that the map is only effective in Sport mode and doesn't affect Comfort or vice a versa? Or do you just switch it on/off via app/box (looking at Hondata here but I guess Ktuner is similar in operation).

The only thing on my radar as a possible replacement is the A90 Supra but haven't even taken the time to sit in one yet so... Don't like the look of any of the new 11th Gen renders and as of right now, the most likely outcome would be to keep the car at the end of its PCP.

When you have a remap, can you have it so that the map is only effective in Sport mode and doesn't affect Comfort or vice a versa? Or do you just switch it on/off via app/box (looking at Hondata here but I guess Ktuner is similar in operation).

On the ktuner the drive modes still effect the throttle aggressiveness but engine power and torque still as per map. Comfort mode is therefore still soft as sh1te and banned from use. Each time I select it I have to call my in-laws for a chat, that’s a big of a deterrent it is not to use it.

On the ktuner the drive modes still effect the throttle aggressiveness but engine power and torque still as per map. Comfort mode is therefore still soft as sh1te and banned from use. Each time I select it I have to call my in-laws for a chat, that’s a big of a deterrent it is not to use it.

I found I used comfort mode a lot on the road.. I think that is what Honda designed it for with day to day use - Sport mode for "spirited" driving and +R for the track.

If only on the facelift version they introduced a 'custom' mode, so that you could configure throttle, suspension and steering to your preference...

I am struggling to think of anything to replace the civic, and while I respect the trophy r, wouldn’t be on my shortlist at that price point, I’d be sniffing about an A45s. But for a used rarely extreme blast machine sure it would be great. Guess you don’t get the carbon wheels at that price, red ones look better anyway

But Remap the civic! It will give you the love back

It comes with the carbon wheels and red wheels, A45 just isn’t for me, it is tricky to find anything ruled out the Supra after a test drive. In tier 4 again so doing nothing for a month now.

I have considered a remap, but worry I would get frustrated driving it, must be tricky getting the power down and living up north it is wet a lot!

I also liked the look of the supra but the reviews put me off a bit. It’s using the mass produced BMW engine they put in everything. It’s a good solid engine but it’s nothing special. If they’d put an M series in it I think that would have been a different story but BMW aren’t going to do that.
Interested to know if anyone has driven the F-type V6s (supercharged). They are such a pretty looking car although price wise you’re obviously looking at something 3 or 4 years old to be compared to new FK8 prices.
M2 has never really interested me as there’s so many I see about until I saw the CS model. That does look nice but it’s a £75k car.
I’m also struggling to even justify keeping the FK8 at the moment. I’m sticking to the rules of lockdown which essentially just makes it a very large £550pm paperweight. It’s rather depressing

ruled out the Supra after a test drive.

I wasn't really turned on to the Supra until the updated one had been tested & reviewed as they seem to have addressed a lot of the foibles that were bemoaned in the original incarnation.

I also liked the look of the supra but the reviews put me off a bit. It’s using the mass produced BMW engine they put in everything. It’s a good solid engine but it’s nothing special. If they’d put an M series in it I think that would have been a different story but BMW aren’t going to do that.

I had heard a rumour that they might do a special 'run out' version of the Supra with an M designated engine in - perhaps they've floated that to garner interest? Personally I think the S55 sounds worse that the B58 currently used in the Supra. Neither sound as good as the N55...

Interested to know if anyone has driven the F-type V6s (supercharged). They are such a pretty looking car although price wise you’re obviously looking at something 3 or 4 years old to be compared to new FK8 prices.
M2 has never really interested me as there’s so many I see about until I saw the CS model. That does look nice but it’s a £75k car.
I’m also struggling to even justify keeping the FK8 at the moment. I’m sticking to the rules of lockdown which essentially just makes it a very large £550pm paperweight. It’s rather depressing

I hired an F Type few years back for a road trip V6S great cruiser, poor mpg, you can feel the weight in the steering but overall I really liked it, but not a car I would want to own. Put 1k mileage on it, cost me £400for 3 days, bit of a bargain!

Might be worth waiting for the 3JZ edition Supra. At least it’ll have a decent engine this time.
(Discuss)

Might be worth waiting for the 3JZ edition Supra. At least it’ll have a decent engine this time.
(Discuss)

At what cost? £80k+ if the spec or existence of the 3JZ is true. There's nothing wrong with the B58 engine and gives 450 HP easily with stock hardware.

If it does see the light of day, I'm not sure it'll ever make it to Europe.

Last edited by a moderator:
lXk5w86.jpg

I bought this when it was 9 months old, it was loaded with extras & I loved it.
But maybe I should have consulted the Wife as she hated it because it was Auto, she will only drive a Manual!
So it was sold after a year at a 8k loss!

Sorry about the size of the Pictures!!

So the FK8 now has this stablemate, it might cost a bit more to keep on the road, but it sounds epic, goes like a train & doesent depreciate.

Wjq7dut.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mic. Yeah that’s a crazy price, quick search of AT and cars that age and mileage are around 28-30k. Having said that couple of people have picked up a face lift with delivery miles for 30/31k so not impossible, and it’s Honda so not a backstreet dodgy dealer.

Are you looking to buy? I’d be checking the gear box, any obvious smart repair etc.

Hey Mic. Yeah that’s a crazy price, quick search of AT and cars that age and mileage are around 28-30k. Having said that couple of people have picked up a face lift with delivery miles for 30/31k so not impossible, and it’s Honda so not a backstreet dodgy dealer.

Are you looking to buy? I’d be checking the gear box, any obvious smart repair etc.

Yes I am looking to buy but with current “climate” it’s hard to do the test drive. I am not fan of “virtual” buying process.

Back